Singapore Expats Forum

Short weekend trip to Malaysia at the end of August, anyone?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
jessicasky

Short weekend trip to Malaysia at the end of August, anyone?

Postby jessicasky » Mon, 22 Aug 2011 11:54 pm

Hello people,

I am an 24-year-old Chinese girl living in Sg for 2 months only so far. Previously I have been in UK for 8 years. and I can't wait to get away from my stressful working life in the city already..

So, who is up to join me and do a short weekend trip to some of the under-covered destinations around Malaysia at the end of the month?

Personally, I would really love to go and see some of the amazing natures of Malaysia, relax on the beach & enjoy the food...:)

There is the list of destination I have in mind:
Cameron Highlands — famous for its tea plantations
Fraser's Hill — a time warp to the colonial era
Kinabalu National Park — home of Mount Kinabalu, the tallest mountain in South East Asia
Langkawi — an archipelago of 99 islands known for its beaches, rainforest, mountains, mangrove estuaries and unique nature. It's also a duty-free island
Penang (Pulau Pinang) — formerly known as the "Pearl of the Orient", now bustling island with excellent cuisine which has retained more colonial heritage than anywhere else in the country
Perhentian Islands (Pulau Perhentian) — glittering jewels off the East Coast still undiscovered by mass tourism
Tioman (Pulau Tioman) — once nominated one of the most beautiful islands in the world

Drop me an e-mail on purpleoccean97@yahoo.co.uk if you are keen as well so we can start planning hopefully soon!