Singapore Expats Forum

Insomnia problems

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

jkvz2011
Regular
Regular

Insomnia problems

Postby jkvz2011 » Mon, 22 Aug 2011 7:31 pm

Does anyone here have any insomnia problems? I have been losing my sleep quite often recently.. Tried taking sleeping pills but did not seem to help... Will appreciate any form of suggestions or from others who have overcome this problem...

Shelton11

Postby Shelton11 » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 12:25 am

Have it regularly as i'm sure most people do.

when it kicks in i force myself up an hour earlier despite desperate tiredness.
i have a note pad by bed to write down any thought.
make love if appropriate
listen to the meditation shizzle on youtube and hypnotise myself

best off just accepting you're awake and try do something partially useful, like doing emails, press ups, tidying or researching old grange hill students on wiki, or other random facts ie did you know the average human will eat 60 tonnes of food in a life time......

sammone40
Regular
Regular

Postby sammone40 » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 2:36 am

same here don't know what it is maybe the air or dryness... someone said keep a plate of water in the room seems to work for me maybe just a placebo though but it works :)
**How many times will we say the world is not enough. Be one with the earth**

cerealkiller19

Postby cerealkiller19 » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 5:08 pm

i had that problem for months... i only will fall asleep at 4 - 5 am and wake up late for work... what i tried was forcing myslf to be sleepless for the next whole day and go to bed early that night. kept doing it for 1 week and it was better for some time... and then it came back... then my mum bought for me a magnetic therapy bed. i have been sleeping super well on it...

lonewalker

Postby lonewalker » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 6:31 pm

hi hi, my way of solving this problem can be tiring!

WARNING!

I exercise. Simple as that. but not those relax walking around the housing estates. Real hard work. Jogging or swimming or gym work or tennis or badminton.

Just simply make your physical body work out hard. I think after a couple of weeks, you should see real improvements.

Its free most of the time. :) Work out!

Nic & Nik

Postby Nic & Nik » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 12:32 am

Agree with Lonewalker, exercise does help!

Maybe your can start slow and try a light jog, and slowly build up from there.

If you're open to nutrition & diet related solutions, I would recommend you to try this acai berry drink - Mona Vie. I've been taking this together with my family, for slightly over 3 months. Its like a fruit juice drink with a pack load of antioxidants, vitamins & nutrients.

For me I have no problems with falling asleep because I run quite regularly, whereas my parents are sometimes too tied up with work to exercise.

But after taking that drink (just 60ml twice a day), they've have been able to sleep better. Heh, its good for bowel movements too!

If you're interested, let me know and I could share more. Because basically you cant buy this product off the shelf.

Cheers!