Singapore Expats

My life experience in Changi Prison (Cluster B)

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 3:29 pm

Actually, what is wearing pretty thin, is the members who have nothing better to do than try to hang all kinds of labels on a guy who may well have see the light, and like me in the refugee camps from 88-91, it's at way of giving back to try to help others to not end up the same way. If it works for only 1, then it's worth it. I find those that keep dissing the guy, somehow, sad.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 8:20 pm

I've already said I fully support him in the stated objective.

Are some topics off-limits for user participation/observation/comment?

You seem more troubled by others' comments than the OP does! I thought you were for freedom of expression.

Confused :???:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 8:46 pm

JR8 wrote: p.s. the 'cliff-hanger' nature of this presumably government backed warning call to web users, is wearing a little thin in some parts.
Why is it a "presumably" government backed warning? What gives you that impression? I'm actually curious, as I've seen nothing that would lead me to believe it was created, or approved, by any government agency. :-|

As far as it wearing a little thin in some parts, I reckon nobody forces anybody to read or view the thread. This isn't A Clockwork Orange's Alex doing rehabilitation. Our eyes aren't wired open and our heads aren't strapped in, unable to turn away. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 9:42 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
JR8 wrote: p.s. the 'cliff-hanger' nature of this presumably government backed warning call to web users, is wearing a little thin in some parts.
Why is it a "presumably" government backed warning? What gives you that impression? I'm actually curious, as I've seen nothing that would lead me to believe it was created, or approved, by any government agency. :-|

I understand that the PM was warning in the NDP speech that 'light-touch' regulation of the internet does not mean 'no-touch. That was a warning shot. I imagine the PAP feel that the internet is undermining their indomitableness.

Then last week a certain government newspaper (that cannot be named) was wall-to-wall on a story of a SGn teacher who, shock horror, posted on a joint (with wife) Facebook account, that SGns are a bit lame, sad, what ever. That was of course followed by the mandatory 3 pages of op/ed pieces warning that people who treat the internet as a free place had better watch out.

Maybe you see no coincidence in the timing of this current most unorthodox series of posts at all. It flags up on my radar, but maybe that's just me. Don't see anyone is wrong to probe it, or question the motive.

As far as it wearing a little thin in some parts, I reckon nobody forces anybody to read or view the thread. This isn't A Clockwork Orange's Alex doing rehabilitation. Our eyes aren't wired open and our heads aren't strapped in, unable to turn away. :P

Lol, a great book. Every schoolchild should be made to read it. It was still banned when I was at school. I was genuinely stunned when I eventually was able to.

It would be helpful if either the 'Join a thread' or 'Leave a thread' function actually worked. The fact neither do probably results in a lot of guff being generated.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 9:58 pm

The only coincidence I see is the fact that he only recently got out of prison and set up his website. I don't tend to see "spooks" behind every door. I know they're out there, but my gut intuition tells me otherwise. I could be wrong, granted. But I don't feel it. It's too raw to be contrived. It's also too disjointed as well. In any case, I have less reason to clip his wings than I do with ksl and his vinegar. :lol:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 10:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only coincidence I see is the fact that he only recently got out of prison and set up his website. I don't tend to see "spooks" behind every door.

Que? :-D Yes you do, you're notorious for calling out a poster before they've shown their colours.
I mean there's still that whole trio of the 10c army thing going on, which most of the rest of the world is oblivious to.

I know they're out there, but my gut intuition tells me otherwise. I could be wrong, granted. But I don't feel it. It's too raw to be contrived.

Maybe. Unfortunately it's too long for me read. Also I don't need all the cheesy apothegms. If I could get the topic off my feed I would.

It's also too disjointed as well. In any case, I have less reason to clip his wings than I do with ksl and his vinegar. :lol:

Quite right, KSL deserves it hehehe! ;) But by the way, I don't think anyone is suggesting you clip the OPs wings... far from it. Just allow others to questions and probe as is healthy and usual.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: I don't tend to see "spooks" behind every door. I know they're out there, but my gut intuition tells me otherwise. :
Just because you're not paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not after you.

:P :mrgreen:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:18 pm

^

:lol:

Inmate

Post by Inmate » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:32 am

Chapter 5.1: Prison’s Food Menu

I know all readers are curious and interested in the food that inmates ate every day. And this is the moment you have been waiting for so long. I have summarized the food’s menu but please note that this is only for your references and it may not be 100% accurate as the menu will change once a while:

Breakfast
- 4pcs x home-made white bread apply with butter cream or strawberry jam (Not valid for inmates with problem taking sugar) + Coffee or Milk Tea or Tea Without Milk (For inmates with problem in taking sugar)

Lunch
- Fried Mee Hoon + 1pcs fish cake
- Fried Hokkien Mee + 1pcs fish cake
- White Rice + Bean curd (Main) + Mixed vegetable (Side)
- White Rice + hotdog (Main) + Mixed vegetable (Side)
- White Rice + Boiled egg (Main) + Mixed vegetable (Side)

Dinner
- White Rice + Sardine (Main) + Mixed vegetable (Side) + Gravy
- White Rice + Oven baked Drumstick or chicken breast + Mixed vegetable (Side) + Gravy
- White Rice + Oven baked ‘Headless ‘ fish + Mixed vegetable (Side) + Gravy

Kitchen Cleaning Day (1 or 2 times per month)
- Breakfast (same)
- Lunch: 2 cups x ‘Made In Vietnam’ Vegetarian Instant Noodles
- Dinner: I packet of buns (6pcs with ingredients)

Fruit
1pcs x orange/ apple/ banana

- All food in prison are halal and are low fat.

- The food are cooked and prepared by the cookies.

If any of the readers are expected to go to prison soon and are the choosy type of person in food, I can only say ‘Good Luck’ to you and better don’t torture yourself by not eating what you don’t like.

So, don't be choosy in what you eat as there is no other choice of food for you in prison. Either you eat or you starve! I personally feel that you may be surprise that the food may taste better than your expectation!

Chapter 5.2: Family Visit
To Be Continued

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 2:45 pm

Inmate wrote:
aster wrote:In Singapore gangs don't run prisons like they do in other countries.

I'm curious though why first-time offenders convicted of non-violent crimes would be kept under lock-up for 23 hrs a day. Is this how the system works?
As long we are sentence to jail. we are all treated the same regardless of the crimes we commited.
Tell that to those that have been raped inside only those with balls to defend themselves, will be lucky not to get the extras :wink: In UK prison you cannot even pass from one floor to another without bumping into big daddy and his morons! Not a place for the weak hearted. :roll:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 4:50 pm

For the umpteen thousandth time, we're not in the UK. We're in Singapore where the worst thug you can dream about is the one holding the rotan. :-|

Inmate

Post by Inmate » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 8:23 pm

Chapter 5.2: Family Visit

<Tuesday> About a week of my lockup have passed in CPC. I missed my family members in every single minute, single day. But there were nothing much I can do, I can only wait to the day they come visit me. Although inmates are allowed to write letters to family members, but it will take more than a week to reach them.

Whenever there were announcements from intelcom informing inmates to get ready for their family visit, I will somehow feel sad and disappointed whenever my ID number not being called up. Even some of my roommates who came in the same day as me, had already been visited by their family members.

Didn’t they receive the notice about my lockup in CPC? Are they too busy to come or have already disappointed in me?

Although I did told them not to come visit me as my sentences is short and it is too inconvenience for them to come from woodlands. I thought everything will be fine without seeing them only for weeks. But I was wrong, the longer I am being lockup in CPC, the more lonely I felt and the more I miss them.

Till halfway through my ‘Dayroom’ activity today, my ID number was being called up by the cookie suddenly. I responded and wondering what’s happening. “5613, standby for your family visit now!”

aster
Manager
Manager

Post by aster » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 7:42 pm

Inmate wrote:Chapter 5.1: Prison’s Food Menu

I know all readers are curious and interested in the food that inmates ate every day. And this is the moment you have been waiting for so long. I have summarized the food’s menu but please note that this is only for your references and it may not be 100% accurate as the menu will change once a while:
Actually I'm still wondering if inmates of all prison-jail type institutions, regardless of the crime committed, are kept locked up for 23 hrs a day...

As far as food is concerned, I have read that the portions are quite generous. :) At least that's what some people who were locked up for some sort of illegal demonstration mentioned to the press.

I take it that as you mentioned earlier, all meals are still consumed in your cell?

Inmate

Post by Inmate » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 8:51 pm

aster wrote:
Inmate wrote:Chapter 5.1: Prison’s Food Menu

Actually I'm still wondering if inmates of all prison-jail type institutions, regardless of the crime committed, are kept locked up for 23 hrs a day...

As far as food is concerned, I have read that the portions are quite generous. :) At least that's what some people who were locked up for some sort of illegal demonstration mentioned to the press.

I take it that as you mentioned earlier, all meals are still consumed in your cell?
Yes, we ate our every meal in our cell room

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 8:52 pm

I believe he's only talking about Cluster B, but I'm not sure.