Singapore Expats Forum

Want more advice on Citizenship in Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
superProgrammer
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2011

Re: Want more advice on Citizenship in Singapore

Postby superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:48 pm

JayCee wrote:
nakatago wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:Hello everybody..
recently I got to know from my friends that we can convert to Singaporean Citizen if we are here for 3 or more years as PR.

I am a graduate from a reputed govt poly in Singapore.

I have a good pay also. (Around 1.8K per month) got PR as soon as I graduated from Poly 4 yrs back. :)

what i want to know is, being from a good family in India (My Father is a Central government officer). Will letter from a central government in India help in my citizenship application?


Clearly, you don't know Singapore enough like you think you do. Why don't you try reading most of the threads here before making your next post. Also, try learning more about other jobs and other people that are vastly different from those that you know.

Educate yourself.


How dare you sir! I am from a TOP REPUTABLE University with masters, my education is better than everyone here and my father is an Indian local government pen-pusher to boot, they should be begging me to be a citizen


Hi Jaycee, Please dont make fun of me.
I dont have a masters. because, i dont have enough money to pay for my degree even. i need to take it after an year or so. then only i can even think of masters...

but there are citizens in this country who dont even have teh O levels! so is the Government gonna banish them from the country>>>??

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Want more advice on Citizenship in Singapore

Postby nakatago » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:52 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
nakatago wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:Hello everybody..
recently I got to know from my friends that we can convert to Singaporean Citizen if we are here for 3 or more years as PR.

I am a graduate from a reputed govt poly in Singapore.

I have a good pay also. (Around 1.8K per month) got PR as soon as I graduated from Poly 4 yrs back. :)

what i want to know is, being from a good family in India (My Father is a Central government officer). Will letter from a central government in India help in my citizenship application?


Clearly, you don't know Singapore enough like you think you do. Why don't you try reading most of the threads here before making your next post. Also, try learning more about other jobs and other people that are vastly different from those that you know.

Educate yourself.


I really dont understand you Nakatago. I know so many people with that salary and they are living a high life...


Well, apparently, it's not only me that you don't understand.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:58 pm

superProgrammer wrote:See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?


Hahaha, you're getting better and better - very entertaining for a Friday!

Obviously, you have no idea what it takes and how difficult it is to be a manager. There IS a reason almost all good managers are paid tens of thousands - they are rare and they are worth it!

(Just as an indication: Did you ever notice those colonial bungalows in the greener parts of Singapore? Every single one of them costs S$20000-40000 per month in rent - and most of the inhabitants are managers with their families.)

superProgrammer
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2011

Postby superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:02 pm

beppi wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?


Hahaha, you're getting better and better - very entertaining for a Friday!

Obviously, you have no idea what it takes and how difficult it is to be a manager. There IS a reason almost all good managers are paid tens of thousands - they are rare and they are worth it!

(Just as an indication: Did you ever notice those colonial bungalows in the greener parts of Singapore? Every single one of them costs S$20000-40000 per month in rent - and most of the inhabitants are managers with their families.)


Hi Beppi.. Quite encouraging comment you have there. Well I'd like to examine.. why local poly graduates are paid lesser and lesser while FT's are paid in lump!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:10 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
beppi wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?


Hahaha, you're getting better and better - very entertaining for a Friday!

Obviously, you have no idea what it takes and how difficult it is to be a manager. There IS a reason almost all good managers are paid tens of thousands - they are rare and they are worth it!

(Just as an indication: Did you ever notice those colonial bungalows in the greener parts of Singapore? Every single one of them costs S$20000-40000 per month in rent - and most of the inhabitants are managers with their families.)


Hi Beppi.. Quite encouraging comment you have there. Well I'd like to examine.. why local poly graduates are paid lesser and lesser while FT's are paid in lump!


It's nothing to do with FTs or local graduates. You are paid lowly because, as is very apparent from your posts, you are as thick as the smog over Hong Kong.

Actually I take that back, you're a troll and have managed to get this many replies so you must have one or two brains cells.
I HAVE MASTERS!

superProgrammer
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2011

Postby superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:11 pm

JayCee wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:
beppi wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?


Hahaha, you're getting better and better - very entertaining for a Friday!

Obviously, you have no idea what it takes and how difficult it is to be a manager. There IS a reason almost all good managers are paid tens of thousands - they are rare and they are worth it!

(Just as an indication: Did you ever notice those colonial bungalows in the greener parts of Singapore? Every single one of them costs S$20000-40000 per month in rent - and most of the inhabitants are managers with their families.)


Hi Jaycee, Please dont make a mockery of my post... its not fair

Hi Beppi.. Quite encouraging comment you have there. Well I'd like to examine.. why local poly graduates are paid lesser and lesser while FT's are paid in lump!


It's nothing to do with FTs or local graduates. You are paid lowly because, as is very apparent from your posts, you are as thick as the smog over Hong Kong.

Actually I take that back, you're a troll and have managed to get this many replies so you must have one or two brains cells.


Hi Jaycee, Please dont make a mockery of my post... its not fair

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:14 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
JayCee wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:
beppi wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?


Hahaha, you're getting better and better - very entertaining for a Friday!

Obviously, you have no idea what it takes and how difficult it is to be a manager. There IS a reason almost all good managers are paid tens of thousands - they are rare and they are worth it!

(Just as an indication: Did you ever notice those colonial bungalows in the greener parts of Singapore? Every single one of them costs S$20000-40000 per month in rent - and most of the inhabitants are managers with their families.)


Hi Jaycee, Please dont make a mockery of my post... its not fair

Hi Beppi.. Quite encouraging comment you have there. Well I'd like to examine.. why local poly graduates are paid lesser and lesser while FT's are paid in lump!


It's nothing to do with FTs or local graduates. You are paid lowly because, as is very apparent from your posts, you are as thick as the smog over Hong Kong.

Actually I take that back, you're a troll and have managed to get this many replies so you must have one or two brains cells.


Hi Jaycee, Please dont make a mockery of my post... its not fair


Mr super programmer, did you make a cock-up with your tags and write your reply twice? And you write Java code you say, I assume it's not embedded in HTML then #-o
Last edited by JayCee on Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I HAVE MASTERS!

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:14 pm

superProgrammer wrote:why local poly graduates are paid lesser and lesser while FT's are paid in lump!


In general, salaries go by supply and demand:

There are less good managers than needed, so salaries go up.

There are many Indian IT people here and more willing to come, so salaries go down.
If (as is already happening) the government reduces the number of Indian FTs, salaries will probably go up (but not for those who have to leave).
If they go up too much, the industry will move to somewhere else with lower labour costs (maybe India).
Last edited by beppi on Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superProgrammer
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2011

Postby superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:15 pm

beppi wrote:In general, salaries go by supply and demand.
There are less good managers than needed, so salaries go up.
There are many Indian IT people here and more willing to come, so salaries go down.
If (as is already happening) the government reduces the number of Indian FTs, salaries will probably go up (but not for those who have to leave).
If they go up too much, the industry will move to somewhere else with lower labour costs (maybe India).


Ok Beppi.. Lemme ask you something.. How much do you think a typical IT guy should get in Singapore.. per month..

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:17 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
beppi wrote:In general, salaries go by supply and demand.
There are less good managers than needed, so salaries go up.
There are many Indian IT people here and more willing to come, so salaries go down.
If (as is already happening) the government reduces the number of Indian FTs, salaries will probably go up (but not for those who have to leave).
If they go up too much, the industry will move to somewhere else with lower labour costs (maybe India).


Ok Beppi.. Lemme ask you something.. How much do you think a typical IT guy should get in Singapore.. per month..


Jesus, someone lend him a brain cell PLEASE!

What's typical?? Everyone is different, different skills, experience etc... there is no such thing as a typical IT worker (or in any other professional industry for that matter)
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:17 pm

Hey, revhappy, how much do you make in a month?

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1751
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:18 pm

superProgrammer wrote:Ok Beppi.. Lemme ask you something.. How much do you think a typical IT guy should get in Singapore.. per month..


As much as he is worth for the company. (Actually, a bit less, because the company also needs to make a profit.)

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:20 pm

nakatago wrote:Hey, revhappy, how much do you make in a month?


$7500

(I only know because he posted his yearly salary before)
I HAVE MASTERS!

superProgrammer
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri, 19 Aug 2011

Postby superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:21 pm

JayCee wrote:
nakatago wrote:Hey, revhappy, how much do you make in a month?


$7500

(I only know because he posted his yearly salary before)


Thats pretty high.. Good for him. but whats his role in the company.. and where is he working. if you dont mind telling me
thx

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34266
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:27 pm

Not only is he a troll, he's posting from MS Corp proxy server in China. He's having you all on and you are swallowing it hook, line & sinker. :lol:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Fri, 19 Aug 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Leisure Chat, Jokes, Rubbish”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests