Singapore Expats

Want more advice on Citizenship in Singapore

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:09 pm

JayCee wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:
having a PR in hand, can i say that i can settle in singapore without any hassles?
](*,) When you applied for PR, you did find out what the letters stand for didn't you?

Frankly, the Singapore government is regretting giving out PR so easily to people such as yourself previously, so you have no chance of getting citizenship
But we have a kind of 5 years renewal....so How can we say that PR is a license to settle down here till i die..

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:12 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
JR8 wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:But Singapore can gain from my skills....
I think your salary would be illegal if paid in Europe: It's that bad.

But good luck to you, go get 'em!
Thanks JR8,

But I know 15-20 of my Poly friends being paid less than 1800 Dollars...
How can we get a higher pay.. its really concerning..
You're overpaid already
I HAVE MASTERS!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:12 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
JR8 wrote:
I think your salary would be illegal if paid in Europe: It's that bad.

But good luck to you, go get 'em!
Thanks JR8,

But I know 15-20 of my Poly friends being paid less than 1800 Dollars...
How can we get a higher pay.. its really concerning..
Well by offering something to your employer that's worth it. What do you have that justifies a higher sum?

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:15 pm

I can do good Java programming, i can be manager also, if given 1 week training. I can do the high end work also.

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:16 pm

nakatago wrote:
How so?

We have married Europeans with sons earning in the tens of thousands of dollars being denied PR. Now, put yourself in perspective.

You can still apply for citizenship but don't expect it to be successful. You asked for our advice. Don't be angry if we gave you some that you don't like.
What!!?!? Tens of thousands.. u mean greater than 10K per month?? which job pays in Singapore.. ? Singapore President?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:23 pm

superProgrammer wrote:I can do good Java programming, i can be manager also, if given 1 week training. I can do the high end work also.
Hehehe SP.

I like your 'I can do that' attitude. That is a valuable thing.

Are you currently working in SG?

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:24 pm

superProgrammer wrote:i can be manager also, if given 1 week training.
Hahaha, this is the quote of the month:
Manager in a week!!!
This course will revolutionize the MBA industry!
(And I wonder why there are still so many bad managers around - don't they have a week to up their skills?!?)

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:25 pm

JR8 wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:I can do good Java programming, i can be manager also, if given 1 week training. I can do the high end work also.
Hehehe SP.

Yeah I am working in SG.
BTW, what does "SP" mean??

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:28 pm

beppi wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:i can be manager also, if given 1 week training.
Hahaha, this is the quote of the month:
Manager in a week!!!
This course will revolutionize the MBA industry!
(And I wonder why there are still so many bad managers around - don't they have a week to up their skills?!?)
May be "Bad" managers.. But I can be a good manager.
See.. its very simple- dedicate urself to work, motivate your team, upgrade the skills. What more do u need to be a manager...?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:29 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
nakatago wrote:
How so?

We have married Europeans with sons earning in the tens of thousands of dollars being denied PR. Now, put yourself in perspective.

You can still apply for citizenship but don't expect it to be successful. You asked for our advice. Don't be angry if we gave you some that you don't like.
What!!?!? Tens of thousands.. u mean greater than 10K per month?? which job pays in Singapore.. ? Singapore President?

No that pays about $200,000 a month.

'Because they are worth it'.

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:31 pm

JR8 wrote:
superProgrammer wrote:
nakatago wrote: How so?

No that pays about $200,000 a month.

'Because they are worth it'.
But Tens of thousands?? which company will pay their employees so much money PER MONTH!.. im overwhelmed!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:31 pm

superProgrammer wrote:
JR8 wrote:
Hehehe SP.

Yeah I am working in SG.
BTW, what does "SP" mean??
an abbreviation of your name :?

nakatago

Re: Want more advice on Citizenship in Singapore

Post by nakatago » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:38 pm

superProgrammer wrote:Hello everybody..
recently I got to know from my friends that we can convert to Singaporean Citizen if we are here for 3 or more years as PR.

I am a graduate from a reputed govt poly in Singapore.

I have a good pay also. (Around 1.8K per month) got PR as soon as I graduated from Poly 4 yrs back. :)

what i want to know is, being from a good family in India (My Father is a Central government officer). Will letter from a central government in India help in my citizenship application?
Clearly, you don't know Singapore enough like you think you do. Why don't you try reading most of the threads here before making your next post. Also, try learning more about other jobs and other people that are vastly different from those that you know.

Educate yourself.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Post by JayCee » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:41 pm

nakatago wrote:
recently I got to know from my friends that we can convert to Singaporean Citizen if we are here for 3 or more years as PR.

I have a good pay also. (Around 1.8K per month) got PR as soon as I graduated from Poly 4 yrs back. :)

what i want to know is, being from a good family in India (My Father is a Central government officer). Will letter from a central government in India help in my citizenship application?
Clearly, you don't know Singapore enough like you think you do. Why don't you try reading most of the threads here before making your next post. Also, try learning more about other jobs and other people that are vastly different from those that you know.

Educate yourself.
How dare you sir! I am from a TOP REPUTABLE University with masters, my education is better than everyone here and my father is an Indian local government pen-pusher to boot, they should be begging me to be a citizen
I HAVE MASTERS!

superProgrammer

Post by superProgrammer » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 4:45 pm

nakatago wrote:

Educate yourself.
I really dont understand you Nakatago. I know so many people with that salary and they are living a high life...