Singapore Expats

The new criteria for EP's w.e.f. January 2012

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 4:04 pm

I just got my EP P2 renewed under the old criteria for one year. My basic is just under the cutoff of 4.5K.

My upcoming pay review should take me well above that cutoff if my boss is to be believed.

Therefore my question is do I ask the company to re-apply with the new salary, or just wait for the current pass to run out next year. If so do I get get back on the 2 year cycle?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 13 Jun 2012 4:51 pm

Leave it alone. You will probably go back on the 2year cycle on the next renewal. Unless they do away with 2year passes. They did that with REPs used to be either 5 or 10 year REPs I and another here on the board both managed to get one of the final 10 years passes before they stopped it. They are constantly moving the goalposts.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 9:27 pm

Today there is another update given by the MOM regarding the tightening criteria for the work pass holders to sponsor their dependants.

To Moderator: could the link be posted here?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Further measures to moderate demand for Foreign Manpower

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:42 pm

Further measures to moderate demand for Foreign Manpower

From 1 July 2012, the Dependency Ratio Ceilings (DRCs) in the Manufacturing and Services sectors, as well as the S Pass sub-DRC in all sectors will be reduced. The changes are:

• Reduction of S Pass sub-DRC for all sectors from 25% to 20%;
• Reduction of Services DRC from 50% to 45%; and
• Reduction of Manufacturing DRC from 65% to 60%.

More measures levied on constructions sector includes a further reduction of Man-Year Entitlements (MYE) by 5% as well as a higher Foreign Worker Levy (FWL) of $650 for basic skilled Work Permit holders in the MYE-waiver category from 1 Jan 2013.

For more information, please refer to our press release and FAQs.

Enhanced Employment Pass Framework

From 1 January 2012, the qualifying salary for the Q1 Pass will be increased from $2,800 to at least $3,000 for young graduates, while older applicants would have to command a higher salary to qualify, commensurate with the work experience and quality they are expected to bring. The qualifying salary for the P2 Pass will be raised from $4,000 to $4,500. There will be no change in the qualifying salary for P1 Pass which remains at $8,000. Concurrently, educational qualifications requirements will be tightened. For more information, please refer to our press release.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Post by v4jr4 » Wed, 28 Nov 2012 9:53 pm

After the "On the Red Dot" show, I'm kinda surprised with the figure (similar to what MTI uploaded, last page ~> http://www.mti.gov.sg/MTIInsights/Docum ... 0Paper.pdf)
"Budget Expat"