Singapore Expats

Question Regarding REP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Azzay11

Question Regarding REP

Post by Azzay11 » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 3:52 am

Hi all, after i read the discussions about PR and REP i become kan chiong. I know the situation is kinda bad but i didn't realize that it was this bad. Anyway here's my story.

Im born in malaysia and came to singapore at the age of 2 yrs old under LTVP. My mom is a singaporean and my dad is a malaysian. At that time my dad is working in singapore. So after that i studied in singapore under student pass until i reached 3rd year poly somewhere in 2008. Being young and stupid i manage to drop out of my course. I was 19/20 yrs old at that time. So my mom applied PR for me under her sponsorship since my family is located here. Only my dad and me is malaysian, my mom and the rest of my siblings are singaporean.

So my REP is valid until 2013. My first concern is about NS. The national service letter didn't come at all. I've checked with mindef but they say there is no appointment yet. So im wondering if i need to serve NS sooner or later? Maybe the more senior members would know about this.

My second concern is, after i got my pr i worked with Certis Cisco. Salary not that much but still got contribute to cpf. But since beginning of last year (2010), im working as a drum instructor for a music school on commission basis. The salary is ranging from $800 to $1500 per month. And up till today i didn't contribute to cpf nor file any tax. Would that be a problem when i renew my REP since there is no way they can track i've been working except for my salary statement from company? Should i change job with one that have cpf contribution? Because im contributing to society right? Im a teacher. lol.

Your kind thoughts please? Thanks!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 5:39 am

No appointment YET means it will come later. Second generation PR have to serve NS - and I think you're counted as such.

REP renewal for PRs based on family ties do not need tax declarations.

Azzay11

Post by Azzay11 » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 5:44 am

I see. Alright thanks!