Singapore Expats Forum

Advice from the Gurus

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
zombiegoldy

Advice from the Gurus

Postby zombiegoldy » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 12:58 am

Hi,

Need the point of view from the Gurus .

I and my wife arrived in Singapore in August 2009 and I was on a P2 pass in Singapore. In June 2010 i got a P1 pass and in June 2011 i got a PEP. Wifey not working yet.

Between March 2010 and October 2010 i spent most of my time in India and Indonesia as i was working on a project which took me to these places. I was still employed in Singapore though but work made me stay in these countries for 7-8 months at a stretch with rare travel to SG. However since late last year I have been back here in SG.

Now i am thinking of applying for PR along with my wife (she is not working currently but looking out). I have been in employment in Singapore for more than around 2 years now and filed 2 tax returns till now.

In the PR application, should I show a change of address for the time i was outside Singapore ( even though salary paid In SG)?

And what do you think are PR chances for us as a couple? Will it be better to wait another 6 months?
My tactic would be to take a quick single and observe him from the other end.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:49 pm

No one can guess.......
More info? Background, nationality, age, kids (gender)...

If you put an address outside SG you can kiss whatever chance you had goodbye I guess.

zombiegoldy

Postby zombiegoldy » Mon, 15 Aug 2011 11:45 am

Well here is some more information:

I hold an MBA and my wife is a Doctor - MD. She can't get licensed in Singapore easily so is trying to shift to the medical corporate side of things. We are both 30 with no kids as of now.

Since I was employed in Singapore and paid salary here while on project related travel, I am inclined towards providing my singapore address for that period of time.
My only doubt is that If I give a Singapore address for the 7-8 months I was travelling outside Singapore, would the ICA consititute that to be falsifying information?

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Fri, 19 Aug 2011 9:51 am

zombiegoldy wrote:My only doubt is that If I give a Singapore address for the 7-8 months I was travelling outside Singapore, would the ICA consititute that to be falsifying information?

Not really since you were only travelling then or deputed.

Unless.......... you were not holding any valid visa or immigration right to remain in Singapore during those 7-8 months.

In that case you should indicate that you were not residing in Singapore during that time.

Otherwise it should all be good, you held a visa so you were just travelling / deputed out of the country.

zombiegoldy

Postby zombiegoldy » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 1:28 pm

Well thanks for that reply. Appreciate it.
I was also thinking on the same line but thought better to get some more opinions.

I was surely holding a P1 pass and was also employed in Singapore during the time of my travel. With that said, the problem I now face is which address to give :) Coz thanks to my miserly streak ( one might call it being financially prudent) I had not renewed my apartment lease in SG for those 7-8 months and rented a new apartment when i was back for good.

Maybe i should give the address of the warehouse where i had kept all my stuff ;) (yeah thats a joke)

azp123
Regular
Regular

Postby azp123 » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 8:29 pm

what address was with the government bodies? - i.e MOM/Banks/IRAS? - Give those....That will be consistent!!

zombiegoldy

Postby zombiegoldy » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 9:51 pm

Thanks guys for taking time and replying to this post.