Singapore Expats

Company got my spouse name wrong on the Dependant Pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
MonkeyGuy

Company got my spouse name wrong on the Dependant Pass

Post by MonkeyGuy » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 6:40 pm

This is my first post here and I am in a bit of a spot. My employer who was to file for my spouse's dependant pass IPA got her name wrong on the dependant pass.

They used her maiden name whereas she already has an endorsement on her passport for the updated name after marriage.

The company said it was ok for her to travel, but I still insisted for them to get it changed. They have now conveyed to me that they have sent the pass for name change and it will take between 7 to 14 working days.

Does this take this long a time for a simple name change on the IPA letter of the dependant pass ?

Anything I can do to quicken the process ?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Company got my spouse name wrong on the Dependant Pass

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 9:03 pm

MonkeyGuy wrote:This is my first post here and I am in a bit of a spot. My employer who was to file for my spouse's dependant pass IPA got her name wrong on the dependant pass.

They used her maiden name whereas she already has an endorsement on her passport for the updated name after marriage.

The company said it was ok for her to travel, but I still insisted for them to get it changed. They have now conveyed to me that they have sent the pass for name change and it will take between 7 to 14 working days.

Does this take this long a time for a simple name change on the IPA letter of the dependant pass ?

Anything I can do to quicken the process ?
7 to 14 days is the maximum time that it might take. Most of the time you would get the result faster unless when there are large volume of applications that are pending.

Suggest you to wait. Why do you want to hurry? Good Luck !

MonkeyGuy

Post by MonkeyGuy » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 9:46 pm

singaporeflyer, thanks for your prompt reply. The only reason for my anxiety is that my spouse has plans to travel in September first week.

The company sent the amedment on 8th August online. If I count 14 working days from 8th and with two public holidays in between, it is going to be close.

Also is there anyway I can check the status online ?

thanks for your help

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 11:55 pm

You might want to drop an email query to ICA and enquire if they would need the particulars page of the passport to indicate her new name.

Some countries give issues with the Indian way of changing maiden name to married name i.e. using just a stamp with details endorsed in it.

My wife has an indian passport and she had done the same.
So after getting the stamp endorsement I got her apply for a new passport that came out with the new name... no issues then

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 2:08 am

FaeLLe wrote:You might want to drop an email query to ICA and enquire if they would need the particulars page of the passport to indicate her new name.
FaeLLe, I think he needs to write in to MOM and not to ICA as DP is issued by MOM.

Secondly, OP - wait for another 10 days since september first week is still 2-3 weeks far from now..Give them to process your case...

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by FaeLLe » Sun, 14 Aug 2011 9:32 am

Well i think both; MOM to correct IPA and ICA to see if they are ok to accept the hand written and stamped endorsement as sufficient for name change proof.

MonkeyGuy

Post by MonkeyGuy » Wed, 17 Aug 2011 9:27 am

Hi FaeLLe , singaporeflyer, Have some updates for you.

I checked on the MOM website by using this link https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU ... eAction.do.

It shows me the updated name. I then contacted my organisation asking them to give me the updated in principle approval letter, telling them the name has been updated on the MOM website.

They said although the name has been updated on the website, it is not being reflected in the in principle approval letter.

I am a bit confused as to how this is possible ? :???: