Singapore Expats Forum

Entered Malaysia using Special Pass - Getting back?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Entered Malaysia using Special Pass - Getting back?

Postby FaeLLe » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 6:39 pm

Hello all,

Decided to get away for the long weekend to Melakka with the family and decided to take the coach over there.

Cleared Singapore immigration easily using the Automated / Biometric immigration gate. However, once at the malaysia I faced issues.

My valid malaysia visa was stamped in my old passport (not from a visa on arrival country) and since I ran out of pages I had a new passport issue (the one I was using to travel).

When I travel to countries such as UK, USA, UAE etc. having a valid visa in a old passport was permissible apparently not for Malaysia...

So the immigration officer took me upstairs and I kept going up the chain till I met a very senior immigration officer.

After showing him evidence of the really expensive holiday I had planned out for me he issued me a SPECIAL PASS issued under Malaysia Immigration Regulation 14 (3).
Have attached a copy of it to the bottom of this post.

The pass states that I can stay in WEST MALAYSIA for seven days for the purpose of "TO REPORT TO KI KSAB, JOHOR FOR CHECKING OUT."

Since I was allowed in Malaysia under the special pass they did not stamp / chop an entry pass my passport. Instead they stapled this in my passport and said to exit using the same checkpoint when I leave and show this piece of paper.

Does anyone know if I can face any issues on re-entry, specially on Malaysia or Singapore side??

Also is Ki Ksab, Johor the same as Sultan Abu Bakar Custom Immigration and Quarantine Checkpoint ie. the Second Link ???

Would appreciate any help from you guys :???:

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 11:27 pm

The Malaysia visa clearly reads "Valid for XX months from the date of issue provided this passport is valid" Once the pages of passport are extinguished you get a new passport with a new number and the old one is clearly not valid anymore. How could you miss such an obvious thing?

Anyways, now that you have got the special visa, I dont think you will have any issues while leaving MY.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 5:21 pm

Mm yea that's what I am hoping for too!

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:41 pm

Back in Singapore safely....

Just handed the passport with the Special Pass stapled in it.
He just walked out for a bit and came back removed the stamples stamped the exit stamp and wrote SP NO: XXXXXXXXX and wrote EXIT: XXXXX.

Basically jotted details of the Special Pass and Exits.

Think I got out safe, time to apply for a new malaysia visa!