Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on Wife's PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
KKT_1982

Advice on Wife's PR Application

Postby KKT_1982 » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:43 pm

Hello all,

Am posting here to get some advice with regards to my wife applying for PR, so will really appreciate any feedback.

Maybe just some background - my wife is a South Korean, and she has been in Singapore since late 2008, and started working here from early 2009. She had taken up two other jobs previously, and has been with her current company since Feb 2010. She has been holding a Q1 EP since she started working in 2009, and has a degree in English Lit from one of the recognised Korean universities stated on the MOM website. We got married in Jun 2010, but decided to put off applying for her PR til the GE is over.

Here's the tricky part - I am currently unemployed as I left my previous job in mid-June and am in the process of applying to be a teacher. Will it be advisable for us to proceed with her PR application even though I am unemployed? Or should we put it on hold first til I have gotten a new job? I would think the chances of having her PR application approved is much higher when I find a job, but am wondering whether it will be rejected just because of my (un)employment status?

Hope you guys can give me some insight here.

Much thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 1:12 pm

The odds are highly against her gaining PR if only on a Q1 pass. Additionally, applying based on family ties won't fly either unless your are working and earning in excess of 2.8K/m. Until you have been married 2 years at least and you are working I wouldn't both applying at this time. However, there is nothing stopping you from doing so as this is only my studied assessment.