Singapore Expats Forum

Horror Maid!!!

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 05 Aug 2011 5:02 pm

SMS and X9200

+100

I don't believe a word this woman says, any half decent parent would not leave their child with someone when they fear for the safety of their child, they would get rid of them and sort something out. Although half-decent probably wouldn't describe a lot of parents in Singapore.

So maybe I should believe her :(
I HAVE MASTERS!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 05 Aug 2011 5:04 pm

Alicia13 wrote:We have already applied leaves for these past few weeks, may consider to apply unpaid leaves if necessary.


What's to consider? Your child apparently almost died in the care of this woman, but you still need to think about whether it's worth losing a bit of salary to make sure the kid is ok?

The mind boggles, it really does
I HAVE MASTERS!

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Fri, 05 Aug 2011 5:29 pm

JayCee wrote: What's to consider? Your child apparently almost died in the care of this woman, but you still need to think about whether it's worth losing a bit of salary to make sure the kid is ok?



I think I did not make myself clear. What I mean "may consider" is both of us apply no paid leaves as we always handle matters together, but for sure one of us will certainly apply if we had used up our paid leaves.

User avatar
ex-pat
Regular
Regular
Posts: 121
Joined: Wed, 25 Jul 2007
Location: in my cocoon

Postby ex-pat » Fri, 12 Aug 2011 8:20 pm

Alicia13 wrote:There are pros and cons for letting our helper know there's a cctv at home.

If she aware, she will behave good and responsible of whatever she does but may not her true self; to others it may be a stress to them as if they are being watched over from someone at all times. However, if they are upright and honest, they will not bother whether if there is one in the house.

So for us, we intend not to let our maid know, or else we never know what is her true self.


I cant stop laughing while reading this thread...

There you go, another CREEPY employer.

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu, 30 Jul 2009

Postby Grumpy77 » Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:26 am

:shock:

Words fail me......................

We should be so lucky if they would fail her!!!!!

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 1:59 pm

I cant stop laughing while reading this thread...

There you go, another CREEPY employer.[/quote]


I deem you never encounter maid added her urine into plain water for you to drink; added her menses blood or kid's feces into dishes for you to eat; added washing powder or detergent into milk powder for your kids to drink...all these incidents happened commonly in Singapore, and these maids were captured unknownly in cctv, and they started to do these stuff on their first day of work, not after period of time...the reason is, they want their employers to obey and listen to them...will you continue to keep them if you know they have such personalities? These are really so called "creepy"!

Btw, can we have attachments in this forum?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 2:06 pm

No attachments.

Also, citation needed. I guess I'm speaking for everybody else reading this thread that we want to see where you saw/heard about these maids and their behavior.

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 2:59 pm

nakatago wrote:No attachments.

Also, citation needed. I guess I'm speaking for everybody else reading this thread that we want to see where you saw/heard about these maids and their behavior.



Published in newspapers. You may try to retrieve those news from the libraries.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:08 pm

Alicia13 wrote:
nakatago wrote:No attachments.

Also, citation needed. I guess I'm speaking for everybody else reading this thread that we want to see where you saw/heard about these maids and their behavior.



Published in newspapers. You may try to retrieve those news from the libraries.


You pointed them out, you present the evidence. Your assertion basically puts the burden of proof on you.

If you want us to take you seriously, you do the work to convince us.

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:31 pm

nakatago wrote:
Alicia13 wrote:Published in newspapers. You may try to retrieve those news from the libraries.


If you want us to take you seriously, you do the work to convince us.



I have a video shot here from an employer. Or you may visit http://www.youtube.com for horrible maids in Singapore.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:36 pm

Alicia13 wrote:
nakatago wrote:
Alicia13 wrote:Published in newspapers. You may try to retrieve those news from the libraries.


If you want us to take you seriously, you do the work to convince us.



I have a video shot here from an employer. Or you may visit http://www.youtube.com for horrible maids in Singapore.


Sorry, you're still just giving us broad leads. It's no different from just asking us to take your word for it, which judging from your track record here, isn't worth much.

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:53 pm

[quote="nakatago"]Sorry, you're still just giving us broad leads. It's no different from just asking us to take your word for it, which judging from your track record here, isn't worth much.


Can you be more specific what kind of proof or evidence that you want? I've already provided you website to view or advised you to get the sources from the libraries; are you staying in Singapore by the way? I want to attach so called "evidence" but unable to.

Any S'porean here who can support my view?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 4:02 pm

Alicia13 wrote:
nakatago wrote:Sorry, you're still just giving us broad leads. It's no different from just asking us to take your word for it, which judging from your track record here, isn't worth much.


Can you be more specific what kind of proof or evidence that you want? I've already provided you website to view or advised you to get the sources from the libraries; are you staying in Singapore by the way? I want to attach so called "evidence" but unable to.

Any S'porean here who can support my view?


Do you have any idea how many videos are there in youtube? I did a search for "horrible maid singapore" and the results are about people who abuse maids, followed by anime. Your argument, from the get go, does not hold water.

I've given you a chance to air your side but all you do is keep your vendetta against maids. Which is ironic because you keep employing them.

We've already told you that history and a lot of anecdotal evidence isn't on your side. I've given you an opportunity but you squander it.

You want to complain, go to the proper agencies or to the government. Don't come complaining to us because we can't and won't do anything about it.

Alicia13
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue, 02 Aug 2011

Postby Alicia13 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 4:54 pm

[quote="nakatago"]I've given you a chance to air your side but all you do is keep your vendetta against maids. Which is ironic because you keep employing them.

You want to complain, go to the proper agencies or to the government. Don't come complaining to us because we can't and won't do anything about it.

Okie...what makes you deem that I keep employing maids? I did not comment that all maids are bad.

Our first maid worked for us for 4 yrs; she's a nice and responsible girl whom was well-liked by everyone of us; however she had to go back to her hometown as her sister passed away, her family needs her. The second maid whom we are having now has given us many problems which I have mentioned earlier, I have applied leaves to look after my kid till the new helper arrives.

I am not complaining and I know you will not do anything, I am just stating the facts. I have filed complaints to Ministry of Manpower. I merely want to share my experiences with other local employers in this forum, especially those who are the first timers, is this consider a belligerent behaviour?

I can retrieve those sources for you but via which channel that I can show you? Please advise.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 4:58 pm

Alicia13 wrote:Okie...what makes you deem that I keep employing maids? I did not comment that all maids are bad.

Our first maid worked for us for 4 yrs; she's a nice and responsible girl whom was well-liked by everyone of us; however she had to go back to her hometown as her sister passed away, her family needs her. The second maid whom we are having now has given us many problems which I have mentioned earlier, I have applied leaves to look after my kid till the new helper arrives.


Then just shut the hell up. It's been clear that you dug yourself a deep enough hole.

Alicia13 wrote:I am not complaining and I know you will not do anything, I am just stating the facts. I have filed complaints to Ministry of Manpower. I merely want to share my experiences with other local employers in this forum, especially those who are the first timers, is this consider a belligerent behaviour?


Oh really now? You haven't been paying attention lately, have you?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Domestic Helper & Babysitter Issues”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests