Singapore Expats Forum

Student Pass after S-Pass Returned

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
monalisaisme

Student Pass after S-Pass Returned

Postby monalisaisme » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 1:36 pm

Hi All,

I graduated from a private institution (POE) from Singapore couple of years ago and have converted the Student Pass to S-Pass when I've got a job. After a year I decided to go back to my home country Indonesia and two years later I've got an opportunity to come back for a Master degree. I've returned the S-Pass and my former employee also helped to cancel the S-Pass upon leaving Singapore.

However my education counselor told me that my Student Pass application is likely to be cancelled due to prior S-Pass ownership.

Is it just premature cautionary or it is likely to happen?
So I can't go back being a student under student pass if I've previously owned S-Pass?
If let's say my Student Pass is rejected, how long does it take for an appeal? Since my course is starting in October.

Appreciate your help.
Thanks guys!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 2:43 pm

As per my understanding your student pass would not be valid once the S pass was issued to you.

monalisaisme

Postby monalisaisme » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 3:40 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:As per my understanding your student pass would not be valid once the S pass was issued to you.

So actually there will be no problem right? I converted my Student Pass to S-Pass, and since it's already expired and returned - I should have no problem to apply for a Student Pass again right?

Should that be the case, thank you so much!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 4:16 pm

monalisaisme wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:As per my understanding your student pass would not be valid once the S pass was issued to you.

So actually there will be no problem right? I converted my Student Pass to S-Pass, and since it's already expired and returned - I should have no problem to apply for a Student Pass again right?

Should that be the case, thank you so much!

Approval of the student pass is again subject to approval by ICA.

Student Pass -> EP/S Pass -> Student Pass should not be any issue in normal cases. I am not sure about your case in particular.