Singapore Expats Forum

25/F Canadian - Just arrived this week!

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
coughdrops

25/F Canadian - Just arrived this week!

Postby coughdrops » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 8:28 pm

Hey guys, I just arrived in SG last Sunday and I'm looking for some people to hang out with. Tourist spots have been done, shopping is uninteresting, and coworkers are starting to get sick of me. :)

Does anyone want to grab a beer/coffee/water sometime? What do expats do here for fun on weekends?

b3nn

Re: 25/F Canadian - Just arrived this week!

Postby b3nn » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:44 pm

[quote="coughdrops"]Hey guys, I just arrived in SG last Sunday and I'm looking for some people to hang out with. Tourist spots have been done, shopping is uninteresting, and coworkers are starting to get sick of me. :)

Does anyone want to grab a beer/coffee/water sometime? What do expats do here for fun on weekends?[/quote]

How do you manage to squeeze 1 week's worth of work and sightseeing at the same time? But with that said there's always more to singapore than her tourist spots.
Expats I know love to hang out at eateries and some night spots. Do check out dempsy, many expats I know of hang out there.
Else, if you are game for it, there are plenty of local delicacies to be discovered even by a local like myself!

Enjoy Singapore!

illinibub

Postby illinibub » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 10:00 am

Hi b3nn,

I just arrived last week as well and attended the Wednesday and Friday Night Drinking Clubs, which were both quite enjoyable... Plenty of other expats, and we turned a few hours of those groups into other locations and a Saturday night of fun as well... I'd recommend checking those out if you're interested in meeting other newbies as well... Good luck!

Adam

Buckeye13

Postby Buckeye13 » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 5:48 pm

Hi coughdrops- welcome to singapore. I'm from the US (nyc) and have been out here for 2 months. I'm always keen to grab a beer so let me know if you would want to get together.

cheers,
Dan (m/26)
weberdw13@gmail.com

gizartious

hey

Postby gizartious » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 7:54 pm

Hey... we seem to be in the same boat! If you are free at all this weekend and can suggest something you fancy doing... I'm free!
:)

Buckeye13

Postby Buckeye13 » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 9:33 pm

yeah- I'm up for getting together this weekend. What is your email/facebook?

captainamerica

Postby captainamerica » Thu, 04 Aug 2011 11:39 am

All-
I just moved to SG from Chicago and don't really know anyone. Would be down to meet for a drink. Shoot me an email at jraizin (at) gmail (dot) com.

illinibub-

What are these Wednesday and Friday Night Drinking Clubs you speak of?

-Josh (24/m)

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Thu, 04 Aug 2011 12:06 pm

captainamerica wrote:What are these Wednesday and Friday Night Drinking Clubs you speak of?

Browse the forums. You'll know.

amitjha101

Re: 25/F Canadian - Just arrived this week!

Postby amitjha101 » Thu, 04 Aug 2011 7:49 pm

can mail your number or cn chat thru mail also if you interested for f1 in september.let me know ill b visiting to singapore for the f1 from 21-26th sept.coming along with family.3gals and 5 guys

melisa

Postby melisa » Thu, 04 Aug 2011 10:38 pm

Hi there!
Would love to make new friends. I've been living in sing for a month now. I shifted from Vancouver to Asia a year ago. Pls leave a msg at melisa.widjaja@gmail.com
just be yourself.

captainstrange

up for that

Postby captainstrange » Sat, 20 Aug 2011 6:22 pm

Moved here from the UK, up for a drink, so let me know. Same goes to all other fellow expat posters in this thread!! Im free tonight - 20th Aug

chrislee6789

Postby chrislee6789 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 4:38 pm

coughdrops: 26m singaporean, if u dont mind making local friends ya =)