Singapore Expats

PEP - Difference in salary

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 9:44 am

SarahSingapore wrote:Hi All,

I have a question based on something sort of related to this thread.

I am hoping to be offered a job on a basic salary of 8k sgd to relocate from London to Singapore. However after three months the company are saying that my salary may drop below this to allow me to earn a higher % commission - not great, but not a terrrible practice in the UK as I can earn more. However, if i go with that option do I lose my EP? As I understand the P1 (which I will initially qualify for) must have the 8k threshold, so what happens once I am out here and have my job and P1 EP?

Thank you so much - advice needed urgently - Final interview Monday.
You will not lose the P1 EP immediately. But when it is renewed next year if MOM understands that your basic salary is < 8k then they might not give you a P1 EP. They might grant a P2 EP.

Just my thought..

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Post by revhappy » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 3:27 pm

I am hoping to be offered a job on a basic salary of 8k sgd to relocate from London to Singapore. However after three months the company are saying that my salary may drop below this to allow me to earn a higher % commission - not great, but not a terrrible practice in the UK as I can earn more. However, if i go with that option do I lose my EP? As I understand the P1 (which I will initially qualify for) must have the 8k threshold, so what happens once I am out here and have my job and P1 EP?

Are you saying that your company is going to apply for your EP stating that your salary will be 8K and then once approved they will change your salary?

Hmm... thats wrong... if they know that they are going to change your salary anyways and that too as early as 3 months. Thats crazy! Why cant they put you on the reduced salary right away?

Anyways, when your salary changes, your employer has to inform MoM and then they will do what they have to do.

To me your employer looks dodgy, stay away!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 06 Aug 2011 5:11 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

You will not lose the P1 EP immediately. But when it is renewed next year if MOM understands that your basic salary is < 8k then they might not give you a P1 EP. They might grant a P2 EP.

Just my thought..
I would say they may not extend E whatever P at all as they are not idiots.