Singapore Expats Forum

Advice For Best Plastic Surgery Outcome

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
TheyCallMeHollywood

Advice For Best Plastic Surgery Outcome

Postby TheyCallMeHollywood » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:03 pm

I've received a lot of PMs asking me about Plastic Surgery...fyi I have done ( and will continue doing a lot of PS) in the future. I'm lucky so far I have had good and natural results and fast and uncomplicated recovery. Anyway, I'd like to share some tips on how to get optimum results and avoid horror stories with PS.

basic for all procedures:
Do your research. no such thing as too much research.
you must go for personal consultation with a minimum of 3 accredited surgeons.
go for the less invasive/easily removable option first, when faced with many options.
show your surgeon before and after photos of what you want to achieve so both of you would be on the same page aesthetically.
if in doubt over an outcome, its better to be conservative and under correct, rather than overcorrect/over augment/over change.

do not approach PS like this - I spent money on this so I want to get the highest/thinnest/biggest whatever I can in this procedure. An overdone surgery is harder to fix than an underdone one. You can always tweak your results later at a convenient time/when you have funds, and usually if you under correct, no one would know but you. but if you suddenly let's say, decide to get a 2cm double eyelid despite advice to go lower, your freakish eyelids would be for all to see until you scrape enough money to correct it.

implants
only use US FDA approved materials.
do not use medpore on your face - if you change your mind later or if something goes wrong, it's hard to remove.
make sure you have done research on what the implant shape and size before surgery and look at similar case studies online using the similar implants.

how to choose a plastic surgeon
the best surgeon for you is not the cheapest nor the most expensive. the best surgeon is one who is qualified and licensed, and is familiar with cases like yours. he or she ideally has performed hundreds of procedures like the one you want with results that are to YOUR liking. You must be able to see lots of before/after photos of the surgeon's work.
do not choose a surgeon only based on lowest price.

for a good/fast recovery rate:
quit smoking at least 1 month before surgery.
do not smoke/drink alcohol at least 1 month after surgery.
take bromine/arnica Montana/sinecch a. supplements 4-5 days before surgery up to 2 months after.
use compression garments esp. for lipo/body shaping/breast augmentation procedures.
use topical arnica/bromelain gel and a scar healing gel for additional help with swelling/pain/scar healing.
2000 mg vit c daily would also help your body recover faster and promote scar healing.
no strenous exercise but walking regularly after surgery helps you feel better and improves circulation. how soon you can start walking depends on your PS advice/procedure.
try to take a minimum of 1 week for recovery. if you are planning on doing PS in another country, try to stay there for at least a week or until the stitches come off. most complications arise in the first 7 days, and it is not a good idea to move around/travel before that.
if staying alone, choose a safe and comfortable hotel - if you can, stay in a hotel that has good tv programs, Internet and 24 hour room service. when you are recovering your hotel room would be your home for long periods...so every creature comfort counts ; )

post- surgery depression:
right after surgery, you will most likely think you have done a big mistake. You are swelling/bruising and you look hideous/like a freak.
be calm and do not panic. final results take at least 1-6 months to materialize so keep calm and unless you have an infection or complication, try not to over analyze your face.

most people if they have had a good surgeon, and have been clear of what they want and have not overdone their PS, would get a good outcome .

good luck!
Done:braces, rhino,brow lift,buccal fat, thread lift and more injections, lasers and peels than I care to remember.
Soon: forehead aug., 2nd rhino, breast aug. and gummy smile correction, cheek impls.

smilingdancer

Postby smilingdancer » Thu, 28 Jul 2011 1:27 pm

TheyCallMeHollywood I totally agree! I have done a lot of sugery too and completely agree. You speak a lot of sense and you are obviously very knowledgable. Nice to meet you!

TheyCallMeHollywood

Lots of PS can look natural

Postby TheyCallMeHollywood » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 3:21 am

smilingdancer wrote:TheyCallMeHollywood I totally agree! I have done a lot of sugery too and completely agree. You speak a lot of sense and you are obviously very knowledgable. Nice to meet you!

hi smilingdancer,

nice to meet you too. Was just concerned that a lot of people are just looking for surgeons with the lowest price, and nothing else ; )
Done:braces, rhino,brow lift,buccal fat, thread lift and more injections, lasers and peels than I care to remember.

Soon: forehead aug., 2nd rhino, breast aug. and gummy smile correction, cheek impls.