Singapore Expats

student pass holder can carry the baby during the pregnancy?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sailornaraa

student pass holder can carry the baby during the pregnancy?

Post by sailornaraa » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 9:22 pm

Hello veryone,
I really reaally want to get pregnant when i go to my home country. Because i have few month to finish the my course. so i want to use these months when i am pregnant. so is there any restriction for that?
but i dont want to give birth in singapore. after i finish, i will be already at my home. also i will have prenatal package and check my pregnancy. so please tell me, is it OK? ICA allow me continue to study?
i hope, i will get pregnant in sep, so my course will finish march, so that time i will be 24 weeks. so i can fly back home. then next sep i will get job in my contry.
me love

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:07 pm

25. my all friends already have babies. my husband also wants. so if i get pregnant during my studies. after give the birth few months later i can work. so please tell me,
ICA allow me?
me love

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:33 pm

I'm pretty sure ICA can't tell you what to do with your body. If you are not visibly pregnant when you enter the country and you do not plan to give birth here (you may have to get permission to do that, I don't know the particulars) I really think you have the freedom to procreate as you want and the ICA can't do anything about it. But if you come and go from the country while visibly pregnant you may open yourself up to extra scrutiny.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 4:39 am

There is nothing wrong in getting pregnant but if you travel back and forth during your third trimester , you may not be allow to travel by air yet alone enter SG if ICA border control officers can see the physical change in yourself. ICA border officers has the right to refuse you entry to SG if you are on the third trimester unless prior permission is given
Although you do not want to give birth here whereby you need permission from ICA go to www.ica.gov.sg for details
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 7:49 am

thank u for your replies.
so can i continue to study? when i will go to hospital for prenatal follow-up, ICA will not cancel my student pass?
me love

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 11:21 am

to sum up: go ask ICA.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sailornaraa

Post by sailornaraa » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:55 pm

i heard some gossip like if student get pregnant in sg, she have to go back, because ica force them to go back? is it true?
me love

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:05 pm

sailornaraa wrote:i heard some gossip like if student get pregnant in sg, she have to go back, because ica force them to go back? is it true?
If you're that worried, why not just wait another 6 months? At 25 you still have many years of babymaking in your future, no real need to rush. When you have your baby in your arms looking back at those 6 months it will seem very very insignificant.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 28 Jul 2011 5:13 am

That is why my dead grandmother always said " Never believe in gossip as it spread like wild fire and there is always no truth in it !!"

Look, although I am not a woman, it takes two to tango and getting pregnant is not like shooting with an arrow and a bow where nine out of ten you will hit a target unless you are blind as a bat.

There is alot of hearsay in your post and alot of unnecessary worries for something you are not even sure of !! Go to ICA and check with your enrolled school to conform their guideline before even you dare to contemplate to get pregnant even if you are pretty sure that both of you will be on target by September :P
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Re: student pass holder can carry the baby during the pregna

Post by x9200 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 8:18 am

abbby wrote: Ehh..how do you know you will get pregnant in September? (Even hoping doesn't help, sorry to burst your bubble but it isn't that simple).
I would rephrase: "...but it may not be that simple".
On the other hand, in this particular case you are probably right with your more strict approach.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 2:08 pm

Female student pass holders are subject to random pregnancy tests .. and you get a letter asking you to submit the results, from a clinic, within 14 days ..

And getting pregnant on Student Pass, in view of a horde of violations, abuses and contravention of the pass terms - invokes your cancellation of your pass.

Good luck ..

PS: Student pass is to study, not to get pregnant .. correct me if I am wrong ..

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 29 Jul 2011 3:01 pm

ecureilx wrote:PS: Student pass is to study, not to get pregnant .. correct me if I am wrong ..
She is unlikely going to get pregnant using the student pass.