Singapore Expats Forum

Aussie Girl - Looking for friends

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
Narap1

Aussie Girl - Looking for friends

Postby Narap1 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:12 am

Hey, I'm a 35yold Aussie girl that has recently moved to Singapore with my boyfriend. Looking for girlfriends to help enjoy some of my fav activities - wine, brunch, coffee, gym, and maybe some more wine :D.

Miss_bleu

Postby Miss_bleu » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 3:33 pm

Hey Narap1,

I am 32/F just moved to Singapore with my hubby a month ago. We are both big fans of wines, of course my hubby thinks the best wine still from France (he is French) while I do think you get bunch of nice wines from Australia too! :) I am not working so have free time pretty much anytime; I used to have girls brunch, coffee, night out often and quite miss all that. Do drop me a line if ur interested in meeting up.

breezy

Postby breezy » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:36 pm

Hi ladies, 31/f here indo-chinese. married to a local. m a full-time mommy of a 4yo girl, no maid so alot of time i bring her along wherever i go even for a drink w my frens (to a plc which allow her to go in), unless lunch time, she's at school, m free like a bird :p
if my husband arnd, he can help me n let me enjoy myself w.out my girl :) so if u all ladies dont mind, it wud b great to b included in ur meet-up..
Narap1: hv u enrolled urself to a gym?coz m considering to join fitness first.. :)

AZgirl

Postby AZgirl » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 1:30 pm

Hey narap1-- I'm also 35 and just moved here with my boyfriend. We're from the US and will be in SG for 2 years. I'm not working for the first time in my life and am looking for girlfriends to hang with. Looks like we like a lot of the same things. Let me know if u want to try to meet up.

afrench

Postby afrench » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 6:34 pm

Hello- I just moved to Singapore last week as well. My husband started work today and I am now looking for new friends in Singapore. I too am not working for the first time. I do not have kids and would love to have some friends to enjoy coffee, exercise, shop and explore Singapore together. I forgot to mention I love food and wine! I would love to meet up.

AZgirl

Postby AZgirl » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 8:46 am

Hi! Would love to try to meet up but don't really know how these forums work. Do you have any time within the next few days? I'm leaving on Friday to go back to the states for a few weeks. Email me at Ann.prothro@gmail.com. Thx.

Miss_bleu

Postby Miss_bleu » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:27 am

Hey AZgirl, agree with you. Most of the posts here do not seem very active... anyways up to meet up tomorrow or Thursday; already sent you an email, pls check. Hope other girls can make it too!

Standard28

Postby Standard28 » Sun, 07 Aug 2011 3:08 pm

Hello Narap1 and others,

My wife and I just moved here from the states about 6 weeks ago. The first 2 weeks were rough without many friends, but we were able to meet some incredible expats while here.
We usually go out on Friday or Saturday night for a drinks or dinner and there is even a ladies group coffee on Wed. with about 15 to 20 expat woman meeting every week.
send me a message and I can give you all the details of our next meetup, probably this Tuesday for Singapore independence day..

I hope this helps out..

Louie

shals73

hi!!

Postby shals73 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:19 am

Hi! f 37...new in singapore and would love to be a part of this group...so if there is any brunh,lunch coffee...do pm me
lookin forward
!
live like a gypsy in spirit!

shals73

hi!!

Postby shals73 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:21 am

hi narap! wld u like to catch up smtime this week for wine or lunch...new in singapore and wld love to make sm friends!!

Narap1

After work drinks

Postby Narap1 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 4:50 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't replied earlier, thought I would receive posts via my email address, so haven't checked the forum.
I actually work so can only catch up weekends or after work hours. I think I will check out the FNDC this Friday @ PRINCE OF WALES @BOAT QUAY FRI 12 AUG - 8.30pm. I have also found the group First Thursdays on Facebook. Ladies meet up the first Thursday of every month at a bar to meet new people. So if I don't see you there, I will organise a get together later.

shals73

Postby shals73 » Mon, 08 Aug 2011 11:53 pm

HI Louie do let me know if there is a lunch Tom...pls send details thanks S

katelr

FNDC sounds good

Postby katelr » Tue, 09 Aug 2011 11:35 am

I''m planning on going to Friday night drinking club too, hopefully see you there! I'm 31 and from UK, just moved here a few months ago, enjoy wine :D

Narap1

Postby Narap1 » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 11:08 am

Hi Katelr,

Did you want to meet somewhere beforehand? My email address in narap1@hotmail.com. Send me an email and we can discuss details.

Cheers Nikki

afrench

Friday Night

Postby afrench » Wed, 10 Aug 2011 1:44 pm

Hi Nikki,
I plan on going to the Friday Night Drinking Club as well. I would love to meet up before and go if you and Katelr and planning something.
Thanks,
Ashley