Singapore Expats Forum

Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 7:40 am

@x9200

But thats what happened :( they asked me before why i want to enter SG again and I told them that I want to be with my boyfriend for a few more weeks which is a PR in SG. He is also with me during that time. He spoke to IO chief that night, he also told IO that he can sponsor for my stay but IO really declined. Then IO asked him, " did ur gf applied for a job?" Then that was the time that he said yes.. And IO just told him that i need to go back to PH 1st and wait for the approval. I was also brought to IP lounge before i was sent back to PH :(

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9357
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby x9200 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 9:13 am

Nope, that's what you think has happened, and even reading your own words, you were not told, this was the reason, you were just told to wait outside Singapore.

There are countries where it is explicitly forbidden to wait for such approval in the country but to my knowledge Singapore is not one of them. In other words, there must be another reason.

As you seem to be a female, I am pretty sure one of our regulars may have comments on the possible reasons for the refusal.

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 2:56 pm

I see. So does it mean that if a new company will apply for a pass, refuse to entry wont be a reason for the rejection? Bec previous company told me that the reason my pass was not approved its because of refuse to entry from ICA thats why MOM also rejected my application. Is that true? :(

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 3:38 pm

Ann17 wrote:I see. So does it mean that if a new company will apply for a pass, refuse to entry wont be a reason for the rejection? Bec previous company told me that the reason my pass was not approved its because of refuse to entry from ICA thats why MOM also rejected my application. Is that true? :(


Short reply, interesting your BF spoke to the IO. IO ? Police officer ?

Now, ICA and MOM are both government but, unless there was a crime that was recorded, I never heard of MOM rejecting the passes.

And anyway, of late, the trend is, if you are from a visa on arrival country, and you got flagged for suspicious travel pattern, unless you got flagged for some unwanted activity, there is no reason for your pass to be affected.

Now back to your pass being rejected: Did your employer really say that the reason for rejection is because you were refused entry ? Let me say this: How much did you pay this 'employer' for the job ? I am 99.99999% they are lying to you, because you told them you had problem with ICA.

And how stubborn could you get ? You could have avoided a lot of pain if you had, instead of going to BKK, flew to Manila and stayed there till the pass was approved or rejected.

You simply pushed your luck and ICA did their job, as, in the past, it was mentioned enough times - your travel pattern matches the working girls travel pattern. Singapore, Thailand or HK, and then return, because they fear if they land in Manila, either BI or their family will refuse to let them out again.

How long you known this BF ?
Solution A: Marry him, and then he has a reason to ask ICA if you get refused entry. As of now, living together is a reason not good for them to even give him any time to listen, as maybe they still wonder what's the relation between you. Before you say anything there are enough relationships of convenience for ICA to worry about.

Solution B: Print out form 14A, and ask your BF to put his IC And name go and submit it at ICA.

Solution C: Find a higher paying job, and try again. I hope you have a proper degree + related work experience. You should know by now, MOM has tightened pass approvals.

Solution D: NONE

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 7:10 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Ann17 wrote:I see. So does it mean that if a new company will apply for a pass, refuse to entry wont be a reason for the rejection? Bec previous company told me that the reason my pass was not approved its because of refuse to entry from ICA thats why MOM also rejected my application. Is that true? :(


Short reply, interesting your BF spoke to the IO. IO ? Police officer ?

Now, ICA and MOM are both government but, unless there was a crime that was recorded, I never heard of MOM rejecting the passes.

And anyway, of late, the trend is, if you are from a visa on arrival country, and you got flagged for suspicious travel pattern, unless you got flagged for some unwanted activity, there is no reason for your pass to be affected.

Now back to your pass being rejected: Did your employer really say that the reason for rejection is because you were refused entry ? Let me say this: How much did you pay this 'employer' for the job ? I am 99.99999% they are lying to you, because you told them you had problem with ICA.

And how stubborn could you get ? You could have avoided a lot of pain if you had, instead of going to BKK, flew to Manila and stayed there till the pass was approved or rejected.

You simply pushed your luck and ICA did their job, as, in the past, it was mentioned enough times - your travel pattern matches the working girls travel pattern. Singapore, Thailand or HK, and then return, because they fear if they land in Manila, either BI or their family will refuse to let them out again.

How long you known this BF ?
Solution A: Marry him, and then he has a reason to ask ICA if you get refused entry. As of now, living together is a reason not good for them to even give him any time to listen, as maybe they still wonder what's the relation between you. Before you say anything there are enough relationships of convenience for ICA to worry about.

Solution B: Print out form 14A, and ask your BF to put his IC And name go and submit it at ICA.

Solution C: Find a higher paying job, and try again. I hope you have a proper degree + related work experience. You should know by now, MOM has tightened pass approvals.

Solution D: NONE

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 7:18 pm

Ann17 wrote:..


Did you just quote my reply without any words ?? :-k #-o

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:48 pm

ecureilx wrote:
Ann17 wrote:..


Did you just quote my reply without any words ?? :-k #-o


Sorry, may reply was not posted huhu. Let me do it again. Wait..

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:58 pm

Ann17 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:
Ann17 wrote:I see. So does it mean that if a new company will apply for a pass, refuse to entry wont be a reason for the rejection? Bec previous company told me that the reason my pass was not approved its because of refuse to entry from ICA thats why MOM also rejected my application. Is that true? :(


Short reply, interesting your BF spoke to the IO. IO ? Police officer ?
-- Yes, i was advised to go inside a room then immigration officer talked to my BF and asked to spend time with me even for atleast a few minutes before I go back to Phils :(

Now, ICA and MOM are both government but, unless there was a crime that was recorded, I never heard of MOM rejecting the passes.

And anyway, of late, the trend is, if you are from a visa on arrival country, and you got flagged for suspicious travel pattern, unless you got flagged for some unwanted activity, there is no reason for your pass to be affected.

Now back to your pass being rejected: Did your employer really say that the reason for rejection is because you were refused entry ? Let me say this: How much did you pay this 'employer' for the job ? I am 99.99999% they are lying to you, because you told them you had problem with ICA.

And how stubborn could you get ? You could have avoided a lot of pain if you had, instead of going to BKK, flew to Manila and stayed there till the pass was approved or rejected.

You simply pushed your luck and ICA did their job, as, in the past, it was mentioned enough times - your travel pattern matches the working girls travel pattern. Singapore, Thailand or HK, and then return, because they fear if they land in Manila, either BI or their family will refuse to let them out again.

How long you known this BF ?
Solution A: Marry him, and then he has a reason to ask ICA if you get refused entry. As of now, living together is a reason not good for them to even give him any time to listen, as maybe they still wonder what's the relation between you. Before you say anything there are enough relationships of convenience for ICA to worry about.

Solution B: Print out form 14A, and ask your BF to put his IC And name go and submit it at ICA.

- if i will do this, do i need to send it via post or my bf can send it directly to ICA office?


Solution C: Find a higher paying job, and try again. I hope you have a proper degree + related work experience. You should know by now, MOM has tightened pass approvals.

- lucky indeed, i just received an email from my new employer and they will apply pass for me! hooray!!

My question now..

● Do I need to tell them that I have refuse to entry case?

● They have an agency who process application for spass, do I need to tell them about the situation or just leave it as is?

Thank you so much :) :) :)

Solution D: NONE

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Thu, 21 Jul 2016 10:59 pm

Solution B: Print out form 14A, and ask your BF to put his IC And name go and submit it at ICA.

- if i will do this, do i need to send it via post or my bf can send it directly to ICA office?


Solution C: Find a higher paying job, and try again. I hope you have a proper degree + related work experience. You should know by now, MOM has tightened pass approvals.

- lucky indeed, i just received an email from my new employer and they will apply pass for me! hooray!!

My question now..

● Do I need to tell them that I have refuse to entry case?

● They have an agency who process application for spass, do I need to tell them about the situation or just leave it as is?

Thank you so much :) :) :)

Solution D: NONE

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: RE: Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:24 am

Ann17 wrote:- if i will do this, do i need to send it via post or my bf can send it directly to ICA office?


Your boyfriend need to attach his IC copy, and it will be great if he can drop it at ICA. I Hope he has no problem putting his neck on the chopping board for you.

- lucky indeed, i just received an email from my new employer and they will apply pass for me! hooray!!


Good luck.

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 1:17 am

Do I need to tell them I have a refuse to entry case? Or leave it as is?

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9357
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby x9200 » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 7:31 am

Some work pass application forms used to contain the question, whether you were refused the entry.

Ann17
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 11 Jul 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby Ann17 » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 9:24 am

Oh okay. Then I will just fill that out in the form in case. Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it :) Im praying for my pass to be approved :)

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 22 Jul 2016 12:20 pm

Ann17 wrote:Oh okay. Then I will just fill that out in the form in case. Thank you so much for all your help. I really appreciate it :) Im praying for my pass to be approved :)


As long as you are from a 'good' University and hold the relevant experience, you should be ok :)

pereira75
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 10 Dec 2016

Re: Refused from entering singapore, how long i can go back?

Postby pereira75 » Sat, 10 Dec 2016 1:35 am

I lost my work permit in 1996 and due to that my previous employer told me that I will be prohibited from entering Singapore... So I decided not to go back and work anymore... Then I returned to Malaysia because I never thought there's a way for me to re-apply the work permit.... Now as my relatives decided to hired me.... I thought that to re-apply my work permit... I only had to work for 9 months... Pls someone tell me what to do


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests