Singapore Expats Forum

Time to say goodbye...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
x9200

Postby x9200 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 5:31 pm

revhappy wrote:
JayCee wrote:I was reading that it's got a lot harder as the Aussies basically did what Singapore did and let loads in without really thinking about it and are now trying to backtrack a little after the locals got a bit restless. I think after the financial crisis everywhere has tightened their belts, although the OP being European has a larger choice of destinations than most (although is there anywhere in Europe which is worth living in nowadays?)

Yes. Switzerland! See how the CHF is appreciating, as it is considered a safe haven with all the chaos going on in the rest of the world. Switzerland also has the highest salaries in the world. The natural beauty and the climate is plus. If only they spoke english :(.

...and be a member of EU.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 4:29 am

Asdracles wrote:
JayCee wrote:But if you go to another country (assuming it's not your own, which you haven't mentioned) then you won't be able to settle there until you get PR either?

Being european citizen, there are 30 countries where I can settle without paperwork....

Just Singapore was the right place, as my girlfriend is Malaysian, and Malaysia doesn't look so appealing to me for a long-term stay.

Thanks, Mad Scientist. Yes, I'm not going to do anything so quickly. Will wait for the letter, will see if there is any reason, might try an appeal (hopeless, but no big waste of time or money) and only then I will start the case against my current company.

Thanks all for your concerns!

My 2 cents
Why don't you my 2nd Home programme and have a place in JB ?
You get the best of both world.
EP is Malaysia is easy . Even to open up a company and have an EP is less stringent compare to SG.
That way you can live in JB and work in SG then one look for other option
I think you should appeal , it does not hurt.
My brother got for his wife PR after 5 years of LTSVP, They have boys, hubby, a Sger and yet the wife cannot even get PR after 5 years.
So sometimes patience and never give up will be best.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!