Singapore Expats Forum

Renewal of Re-entry permit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Kevin86

Renewal of Re-entry permit

Postby Kevin86 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 3:40 pm

Hi all,

This is my situation. My parents were granted PRs under the PTS scheme and I naturally became the 2nd generation PR. I have finished my national service obligation and resumed my study in a local university. I am still a student and my REP is about to expire in a year's time. It will be the first time for me to renew my REP as an independent applicant.

What are the relevant things I need to prepare for for a smooth renewal of my REP? What are the odds for my situation? I am an ethnic Chinese PRC national.

Thanks in advance!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 4:56 pm

If you are a PR and in the country, schooled here, and done NS here, then it's a no-brainer. It shouldn't be any problem unless you have a criminal record as well. :o

Kevin86

Postby Kevin86 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 7:26 pm

I thought so too, but just want to consult the experienced ones here again just in case I overlooked anything. So the key factor is still where you have been living/working for the past few years before the renewal of REP?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:59 am

Kevin86 wrote:I thought so too, but just want to consult the experienced ones here again just in case I overlooked anything. So the key factor is still where you have been living/working for the past few years before the renewal of REP?

Ya lah, mai kan chong. !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!