Singapore Expats

Tragic News!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:45 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure O'sama inherited a mess. So did Bush. I suggest you put a cork innit and do some factual reading. Yes, Bush escalated the mess, nobody is denying that fact, but he didn't create the mess. And now O'sama has made damn sure that the next 6 generations will suffer for his botched attempt at straightening it out as well.
So much for good accountants and advice :P SMS are you going home to retire :roll: don't forget the fishing rod :P and magic mushrooms
Last edited by ksl on Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:47 pm

Okay I was just in contact with Amy and she say's f--k u lot! :lol: I'm in heaven :lol:

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Post by shameenali » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:47 pm

ksl wrote:
Plavt wrote:
shameenali wrote:who's there holding the bucket wen its filled to the brim with s**t none other than Obama so I dont think its fair to put him in the bottom
A very valid point; regardless of what people think of Obama the fact is he inherited an economy that was already in a mess. Forgive sms like many Americans (and a good many Britons) he has a woefully short memory. Image
Age isit!
Ignorance it is! lol

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:03 pm

ksl wrote:Okay I was just in contact with Amy and she say's f--k u lot! :lol: I'm in heaven :lol:
Me thinks we're ready for the jokes now.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:05 pm

ksl wrote:Okay I was just in contact with Amy and she say's f--k u lot! :lol: I'm in heaven :lol:
SIR.

WE NEED YOU TO PUT THE BOTTLE DOWN.
GENTLY.

AND SLOWLY BACK AWAY.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:58 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sure O'sama inherited a mess. So did Bush. I suggest you put a cork innit and do some factual reading. Yes, Bush escalated the mess, nobody is denying that fact, but he didn't create the mess. And now O'sama has made damn sure that the next 6 generations will suffer for his botched attempt at straightening it out as well.
I suggest you go back and read your own posts! :tongue: As for Obama, well at least he tried, point is whether people like it or not risks will have to be spent to restart an economy which will doubtless incurr more debt. Better than our own silly goverment which sits on it butt does nothing but control public spending in a pathetic attempt to recoup 6 billion when the debt is good deal greater.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:08 pm

longstebe wrote:
What was Amy Winehouse's biggest hit?

Her last one.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 8:29 pm

I suspect PC yanks will never get British gallows humour.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:25 pm

JR8 wrote:
longstebe wrote:
What was Amy Winehouse's biggest hit?

Her last one.
Naughty, Delia!! You were like a kid in a sweet shop looking to direct the thread this way......I bet you've had loads of the Amy jokes doing the rounds on your facebook and text eh!!

:wink:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:29 pm

BillyB wrote:[
Naughty, Delia!! You were like a kid in a sweet shop looking to direct the thread this way......I bet you've had loads of the Amy jokes doing the rounds on your facebook and text eh!!

:wink:
No no Bunter, that's my only one.

How many have you heard? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:30 pm

I remember seeing that one after Diana died. It was recycled recently for somebody else as well. I believe, in the US, we call it Gallows Humour.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 9:33 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I remember seeing that one after Diana died. It was recycled recently for somebody else as well. I believe, in the US, we call it Gallows Humour.
Yes, and it caused some outrage at the time, probably because it skewered the 'Saint Diana' vs her popular admirers so precisely.

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Tragic News!

Post by snowqueen » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 7:52 am

ksl wrote:Sadly Ami Whinehouse is dead 30 minutes ago! So So sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1evzhSast8
It's sad news but can't say I'm shocked, to be honest I more surprised it didn't happen years ago. She did a couple of good songs from the Back to Black album and been living off the success of that ever since. I bet there was a few cries for help leading up to her death but she was surrounded by the wrong people who could help her, instead they lead her to her early grave.

I'm surprised Pete Doherty is still alive, he's an even bigger mess than she was - they were part of the same crowd.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 8:25 am

Death by modern day 'state compassion'?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: Tragic News!

Post by Addadude » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 12:38 pm

snowqueen wrote:I'm surprised Pete Doherty is still alive, he's an even bigger mess than she was - they were part of the same crowd.
I personally think scientists should do a complete study of Shane MacGowan (of The Pogues), including genome mapping. How that bugger is still alive is beyond me. He and Keith Richards may well hold the genetic key to immortality.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."