Singapore Expats

Tragic News!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

Tragic News!

Post by ksl » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 1:24 am

Sadly Ami Whinehouse is dead 30 minutes ago! So So sad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1evzhSast8

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: Tragic News!

Post by BillyB » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:10 am

ksl wrote:Sadly Ami Whinehouse is dead 30 minutes ago! So So sad!

It was a shock when I read that earlier today. So talented but yet so troubled. Rest in peace Amy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:29 pm

Sad? Shock? Why? Everybody knew it was comin' sooner or later. Just like Jim Morrison, Kurt Corbin, Janis Joplin and a slew of others. It was just a matter of when.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 5:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sad? Shock? Why? Everybody knew it was comin' sooner or later. Just like Jim Morrison, Kurt Corbin, Janis Joplin and a slew of others. It was just a matter of when.
yes I guess she was always playing Russian roulette, though I have known a real manic depressive that has attempted suicide when she was 16 by jumping out of an apartment window, broke her back, she was also a Janis Joplin singer, into blues music, with help she had been institutionalised many times for her own good but those around her could always see it coming on she's in her 40's today becuase people looked out for her, still a manic depressive with neurotic problems but gets the attention she needs....I'm more shocked that people around Ami Winehouse must have seen it coming and could have helped by getting her institutionalised, if it wasn't for the money involved in her gigs and the pressure on her to perform.

I mean after Serbia, when she was booed off stage, she should have been locked up for her own good! If one can see a person screaming for help, they need help. Sad day for the music industry

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 6:49 pm

A sad day indeed.

Unfortunately it is an indictment on the UK criminal justice system where a person can repeatedly be found using even class-A drugs and yet nothing is done about it.

She was described as the 'poster child for hard drug use'. What a shame.

RIP

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 9:07 pm

A pair of fake boobies gone to waste.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:52 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sad? Shock? Why? Everybody knew it was comin' sooner or later. Just like Jim Morrison, Kurt Corbin, Janis Joplin and a slew of others. It was just a matter of when.
It's still sad when addiction takes another human being, even if the odds aren't in their favor.
Last edited by Mary Hatch Bailey on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:53 pm

longstebe wrote:A pair of fake boobies gone to waste.
A talented, troubled human being died. Your callousness is appalling.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:54 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
Agreed.

saturdaynitespecial

Post by saturdaynitespecial » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:06 pm

I thought this thread was for the 93 Norwegians who were massacred by the extremist.

What so sad about Amy Whinehouse??? She got a choice to led a normal ordinary life...like go for drug rehabilitation.... et al.Everyone is ultimately responsible for one's well being. She chose the wrong path......

But the 93 Norwegians who were massacred have no choice. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

==============================================

Last edited by saturdaynitespecial on Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mary Hatch Bailey
Manager
Manager

Post by Mary Hatch Bailey » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:13 pm

saturdaynitespecial wrote:I thought this thread was for the 93 Norwegians who were massacred by the extremist.

What so sad about Amy Whinehouse??? She got a choice to led a normal ordinary life...like go for drug rehabilitation.... et al.Everyone is ultimately responsible for one's well being. She chose the wrong path......

But the 93 Norwegians who were masscred have no choice. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Those two tragedies are not related, and we can feel sadness on different levels. Amy Winehouse had a disease that went unchecked and she died as a result. I think that's sad, but not surprising.

The terrible tragedy in Norway is shocking and in many ways simply unfathomable. But we don't have to choose, both events can cause sadness to different degrees and as empathetic beings, I hope they do.

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Tigerslayer » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 11:54 pm

It doesn't seem that tragic. People die all the time every second of the day with barely a mention and under far worse circumstances.

AW was known for infamy more than fame itself and now she will be a yet another Matyr for teen angst...

better off ignored IMO.

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:41 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
Get a grip, she was a smack head along with everything else and setting a bad example to the younger crowd.

longstebe
Chatter
Chatter

Post by longstebe » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 4:47 am

saturdaynitespecial wrote:I thought this thread was for the 93 Norwegians who were massacred by the extremist.

But the 93 Norwegians who were massacred have no choice. They were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Agreed.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 6:12 am

Mary Hatch Bailey wrote:
Amy Winehouse had a disease that went unchecked and she died as a result. I think that's sad, but not surprising.

Not sure I follow you; according to the news (18.00 BST) Sunday 24, July, police are treating her death as unexplained. :???: