Singapore Expats Forum

Any LGBT around here?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
he4dband

Any LGBT around here?

Postby he4dband » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 6:46 pm

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone else out there interested in meeting other LGBT people? You know, we tend to understand each other more. So if you're up for it, maybe we could have a small gathering in some cafés, bars, pubs to bitch about the Penal code or whatever :D

Let me know!

bkelly23

Postby bkelly23 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 8:07 pm

hello
i am sorry you have not seen more replies, what ashame...
i am not lgbt (in fact, i had to look up what that ment) but then again i am not really anything...
i'd like to meet though if your interested

he4dband

Postby he4dband » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 8:47 pm

bkelly23,
Thank you for the reply! It seems like the lgbt folks around here aren't out enough :P But I'm always open to meeting new people. You can leave me an email at he4dband@gmail.com if you like :)

sailornaraa

Postby sailornaraa » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:04 pm

i am also not LGTB. but u know, i want to tell my classmates about LGTB people. because i feel my classmates really dont like these people. i want to educate them :p. they dont understand these people.
i read about that on news, sg is very strict for LGTB. is it true?
me love

he4dband

@sailornaraa

Postby he4dband » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 10:24 pm

The Penal Code here basically means that it's illegal to be gay, but they don't actually carry it out. The gay scene here is pretty vibrant, with lots of gay and lesbian bars & clubs.

sailornaraa

Postby sailornaraa » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 7:52 am

i see. i have known one girl who is lgtb. sometimes i read her blogs. also she's on my fb friend lists. but she is so strong, even people really really heted them. not all people, some of them.
me love

MinhtGod

Postby MinhtGod » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 12:17 am

Wahhh what a shame, I love the LGBT community, I think they are more fun than the WASP community, let's be friends! =D
"Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go,
only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be"

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 1:29 am

MinhtGod wrote:Wahhh what a shame, I love the LGBT community, I think they are more fun than the WASP community, let's be friends! =D

What a stupid statement. How can you make a comparison between WASPS and LGBT???!! WASP's could contain LGBT's.

MinhtGod

Postby MinhtGod » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:10 pm

BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:Wahhh what a shame, I love the LGBT community, I think they are more fun than the WASP community, let's be friends! =D

What a stupid statement. How can you make a comparison between WASPS and LGBT???!! WASP's could contain LGBT's.

Uhhhhhh are you kidding me? You're telling me that there can be no definitive comparisons when it comes between the WASP and LGBT community? Really now? Yes there are gays and lesbians that descended from Anglo-Saxons but their presence are not well represented within the WASP community and often times refuted. Trust me, I come from both, don't think I can say the same for you tho.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sat, 30 Jul 2011 11:48 pm

MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:

Uhhhhhh are you kidding me? You're telling me that there can be no definitive comparisons when it comes between the WASP and LGBT community? Really now? Yes there are gays and lesbians that descended from Anglo-Saxons but their presence are not well represented within the WASP community and often times refuted. Trust me, I come from both, don't think I can say the same for you tho.

You've missed my point. You made a generalisation based on no grounds whatsoever apart from your experience.

LGBT is not an ethnic (well you could argue they have a common identity with each other) or defined group in terms of descendancy, social class, power, religion etc. Anyone could fall into that classification. It's multi race, multi-class, multi religion, multi-preference.

WASP's, however, are more tightly defined. That was my point.

You're comparing grapes to wine.....

Incidentally, which groups are the 'best' in your opinion? Where would an intellectual, superior being, such as yourself find the greatest stimulation?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:08 am

This ought to be good. :cool:

MinhtGod

Postby MinhtGod » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 2:00 am

BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:

You've missed my point. You made a generalisation based on no grounds whatsoever apart from your experience.

LGBT is not an ethnic (well you could argue they have a common identity with each other) or defined group in terms of descendancy, social class, power, religion etc. Anyone could fall into that classification. It's multi race, multi-class, multi religion, multi-preference.

Incidentally, which groups are the 'best' in your opinion? Where would an intellectual, superior being, such as yourself find the greatest stimulation?

With all do respects, you don't know the battles some of us have been through to say what you just said so casually, my experiences alone can prove to be more "grounds" than what your predisposed, outside knowledge, or whatever you manage to "Google" up, has to offer.

You've, however, missed my overall point. I was just trying to make friends. If I wanted to meet a b!tch, I'd go back to high school :)

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:04 am

MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:

With all do respects, you don't know the battles some of us have been through to say what you just said so casually, my experiences alone can prove to be more "grounds" than what your predisposed, outside knowledge, or whatever you manage to "Google" up, has to offer.

You've, however, missed my overall point. I was just trying to make friends. If I wanted to meet a b!tch, I'd go back to high school :)

You dodged my question very well. If the WASP's aren't good enough, which basically is what you said isn't it, then who is? Where and with whom would the LGBT's care to mix with and get some action in Singapore? Do tell and enlighten us all.

I think your struggles are more down to your sensitivity and being desperate to fit into a social grouping, rather than just getting on with life and blocking out all the outside noise. But you're right, I don't know and don't particularly care about things like that. I feel no need to make judgments on people based on my experience with a few.

And mate, let's leave the bitchiness for the bedroom. :wink:

MinhtGod

Postby MinhtGod » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 1:25 am

BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:
MinhtGod wrote:
BillyB wrote:

You dodged my question very well. If the WASP's aren't good enough, which basically is what you said isn't it, then who is? Where and with whom would the LGBT's care to mix with and get some action in Singapore? Do tell and enlighten us all.

I think your struggles are more down to your sensitivity and being desperate to fit into a social grouping, rather than just getting on with life and blocking out all the outside noise. But you're right, I don't know and don't particularly care about things like that. I feel no need to make judgments on people based on my experience with a few.

And mate, let's leave the bitchiness for the bedroom. :wink:

Please don't confuse my aims at conflict resolution for avoidance. Also, please don't twist my words around for the sake of getting the upper hand, you're jumping from a comparative preference of what is more fun into what is sufficiently good enough or not. The LGBT's are comprised of people from different backgrounds, different communities, so as far as mixing goes, I think we already do a good job at it.

I was, however, confused about what you meant by "mix with and get some action". Are you insinuating that the main concerns that the LGBT's face is "getting some". And why would that be of such importance for you that you would insist on me enlightening everyone about it, as if there were no other issues on our agenda besides "getting some".

If you are, however, honestly serious about these issues I am more than happy to meet up with you and enlighten you some more, since my original goal was to meet people, but if you're just here to hear yourself talk, then save it. I'm not here to entertain you.

MinhtGod

Postby MinhtGod » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 1:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:This ought to be good. :cool:

Don't start :)