Singapore Expats

Applying for REP, 2nd Gen PR after serving NS

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chandraaaaa

Applying for REP, 2nd Gen PR after serving NS

Post by chandraaaaa » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 3:52 pm

Hello all,

i've searched the forums but don't really have an answer to my question.

A bit about my situation,
I'm a 2nd generation PR, served my NS and went to the States to study. Last year when I went back to renew my REP, I was given a year (I was in my last year of school). Now, since I've graduated, I've obtained a 1 year OPT (Optional Practical Training) visa to work (still under a student visa).

I have to apply for an REP renewal this December and I will be 4 months into my OPT. What are the chances of getting a renewal? Also, I do wish to work for a couple of years (2-3) before going back to Singapore as experience abroad is definitely a lot more valued in the eyes of the employee.

Just before you start saying that I'm trying to bend the rules, my Dad does own a company in Singapore and it is also his wish that I learn from other companies in the US before returning to help him. I am coming back to help him, just not right now because I do not have enough experience and knowledge to help.

Anybody went through the same situation? would love some advice!

azp123
Regular
Regular

Post by azp123 » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:00 pm

its anybody's guess. My gut feeling says - you have a chance -given you have done NS earlier...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:18 pm

Did you attain Exit Permit when you left overseas. ?
How long for did you went to US for study ?
Your PR/REP is it a 10 yr or 5 yrs validity ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!