Singapore Expats Forum

Dinner Date Ideas

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

stalemate

Dinner Date Ideas

Postby stalemate » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:43 am

Hi,

I wanted to take my girl on a special date. Its not the first, but just wanted to surprise her.

Is there any dinner place with "3-4 Musicians playing music" exclusively for our table ?

I ran out of ideas. :roll:

x9200

Postby x9200 » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:00 pm

Cafe Brio at Copthorne Waterfront during the Sunday brunches has or used to have a band of Mexicanilized locals (sombreros and such) who were repeatedly attacking you at the table giving you an exclusive 5 min every 20 min or so but likely this is not what you are looking for :)

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Tigerslayer » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 10:59 pm

I took my girlfriend to Halia a few weeks back which went down very well. Pretty romantic setting and I think they have live musicians on certain days but you may have to call to find out when.

Another idea, which while it isn't musical is a bit different, is the cable car dining between mount faber and sentosa. We have done that a couple of times and its always been memorable.

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Mon, 01 Aug 2011 11:51 pm

how about a romantic dinner at a HDB estate food court? you got lots of international cuisine under one roof. defo will be memorable! :D

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Tigerslayer » Tue, 02 Aug 2011 10:21 pm

LOL you make it sound like less of a dinner date and more of a trip to Toys R Us :lol:

intime0
Regular
Regular

Postby intime0 » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 7:55 am

We had the MOST amazing meal last night at 7 Seas Restaurant and Bar. No muscians, but the sound of the waves lapping on the sand was nice!

The chocolate mousse was AH MAZING. Probably the best dessert I've had in Singapore.

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Tigerslayer » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 10:08 pm

Hi,

I wanted to take my girl on a special date. Its not the first, but just wanted to surprise her.

Is there any dinner place with "3-4 Musicians playing music" exclusively for our table ?

I ran out of ideas.

So did you find anywhere? Let us know where you took her so we can steal your idea! :twisted:

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:26 pm

Tigerslayer wrote:
Hi,

I ran out of ideas.

So did you find anywhere? Let us know where you took her so we can steal your idea! :twisted:

http://youtu.be/ZS_6-IwMPjM

Tigerslayer
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Tigerslayer » Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:36 pm

I wonder if that idea wouldn't pacify the folks in the RWS dolphin thread? too soon? :oops:

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 7:26 pm

ex-pat
Regular
Regular

Postby ex-pat » Thu, 11 Aug 2011 7:34 pm

You will love this place... money worth guaranteed :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNWkEtS ... re=related