Singapore Expats Forum

New EP salary bands

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
nakatago

Re: New EP salary bands

Postby nakatago » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 1:51 pm

revhappy wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:As you are in SG for more than 2 years on P2 pass, you can get your PEP. It has almost similar value to that of P1.

nakatago wrote:Thing is, PEP is a oneshot deal and it hasn't been around long enough to discern what are the non-obvious implications.

I dont really see any difference b/w P1 and P2, once you have the pass, other than the fact that you can apply for PEP right away with the P1 and on P2 you need to wait for 2 yrs.

But may be for PR application process, it might have made a difference. P1 might have higher "points" than P2. If you are trying to apply for credit card or Loan again they might have different limits for P1 vs P2.

I see a SGD 4000 a month difference. :P

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 2:36 pm

revhappy wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote: If you are trying to apply for credit card or Loan again they might have different limits for P1 vs P2.

They just look at your salary and not your Pass Type.

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 3:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
They just look at your salary and not your Pass Type.

I remember when I came here 2 years ago and I was the one of the first people to get the new plastic type EP card format and prior to that it used to be a laminated paper and believe the older format had info on it whether its a P1 or P2 etc.

When I took my card to get a credit card, they looked at the new format and said this card wont work as it doens't have P1 or P2 mentioned on it and they asked for my salary slip. That incident gave me the impression that some financial institutions may have that internal grading that coincides with the pass type.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 3:47 pm

nakatago wrote:
revhappy wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:As you are in SG for more than 2 years on P2 pass, you can get your PEP. It has almost similar value to that of P1.

nakatago wrote:Thing is, PEP is a oneshot deal and it hasn't been around long enough to discern what are the non-obvious implications.

I dont really see any difference b/w P1 and P2, once you have the pass, other than the fact that you can apply for PEP right away with the P1 and on P2 you need to wait for 2 yrs.

But may be for PR application process, it might have made a difference. P1 might have higher "points" than P2. If you are trying to apply for credit card or Loan again they might have different limits for P1 vs P2.

I see a SGD 4000 a month difference. :P

I know people who make 8K on a P2. What difference? Course they've been on a P2 for a while and the 4K is the minimum that you can earn and get a P2. There is no maximum.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 3:48 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I know people who make 8K on a P2. What difference? Course they've been on a P2 for a while and the 4K is the minimum that you can earn and get a P2. There is no maximum.

Yeah, I know. :P :P :P