Singapore Expats

Applying for long-term social visit - spouse is a SPR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
NicoleCC

Applying for long-term social visit - spouse is a SPR

Post by NicoleCC » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:41 pm

Will long-term social visit pass be canceled if a foreigner divorces a SPR within 1 year (before the expiration date of long-term social visit pass)?

If so, can a foreigner apply for work visas after divorce (if he/she has a job) to keep staying in Singapore?

Thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Applying for long-term social visit - spouse is a SPR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:33 pm

NicoleCC wrote:Will long-term social visit pass be canceled if a foreigner divorces a SPR within 1 year (before the expiration date of long-term social visit pass)?

Probably

If so, can a foreigner apply for work visas after divorce (if he/she has a job) to keep staying in Singapore?

Sure, but qualifying is another story

Thank you.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

azp123
Regular
Regular

Re: Applying for long-term social visit - spouse is a SPR

Post by azp123 » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:12 pm

NicoleCC wrote:Will long-term social visit pass be canceled if a foreigner divorces a SPR within 1 year (before the expiration date of long-term social visit pass)?
Not so - unless you want to cancel it..

Thank you.