Singapore Expats Forum

How to do a red heart on facebook?

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011

How to do a red heart on facebook?

Postby Venomrush » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:23 pm

I've been banging my head against the wall the past 6 hours, digging all holes on the Internet trying to find out how it's done but came up with nothing.

It's so frustrating..

Here's an example:

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?s ... 5677674978

Funny as it always come from Japanese posters.
Any Japanese expats here can shed some light?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 2:58 pm

You spent 6 hours on that? Dude, get a life
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9314
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby x9200 » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 3:30 pm

Google says FBML.

psli
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2011

Postby psli » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 4:45 pm

Those are text symbols recognized by facebook. You can cut and paste the symbols inside status, comments and messages. Just do a search on "facebook text symbols" ... does this answer your problem? Hope the wall is still standing ... :P

Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011

Postby Venomrush » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:22 pm

JayCee wrote:You spent 6 hours on that? Dude, get a life

Haha I was exaggerating..

psli wrote:Those are text symbols recognized by facebook. You can cut and paste the symbols inside status, comments and messages. Just do a search on "facebook text symbols" ... does this answer your problem? Hope the wall is still standing ... :P

It's not possible to copy and paste. You try and let me know if you are successful :)
Funny enough this image is hosted on Facebook..

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:06 am

Venomrush wrote:
JayCee wrote:You spent 6 hours on that? Dude, get a life

Haha I was exaggerating..

psli wrote:Those are text symbols recognized by facebook. You can cut and paste the symbols inside status, comments and messages. Just do a search on "facebook text symbols" ... does this answer your problem? Hope the wall is still standing ... :P

It's not possible to copy and paste. You try and let me know if you are successful :)
Funny enough this image is hosted on Facebook..


well I have it on my computer too copy and paste works wonders! :wink:

psli
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2011

Postby psli » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:53 am

Hmm .. I tried sending myself a facebook message with a black heart shape text and it works.

Try copy and paste the text below instead.

♠♣ ☺☻

Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011

Postby Venomrush » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 2:11 am

It'll work here but not on Facebook.

I'm trying to figure out how it's done on Facebook

psli
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2011

Postby psli » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 9:17 am

Read this link and try if u can get it working on your Facebook account
http://facebook-symbols.com/all/

Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011

Postby Venomrush » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:12 pm

psli wrote:Read this link and try if u can get it working on your Facebook account
http://facebook-symbols.com/all/


All of them are black and white.
Not the colour red hearted as I saw posted

psli
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed, 13 Jul 2011

Postby psli » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 2:49 pm

thats what I tried too. Only black and white.

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 4:59 pm

Venomrush wrote:
psli wrote:Read this link and try if u can get it working on your Facebook account
http://facebook-symbols.com/all/


All of them are black and white.
Not the colour red hearted as I saw posted


I'd suggest that you get a life........

Venomrush
Member
Member
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu, 17 Mar 2011

Postby Venomrush » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 6:12 pm

BillyB wrote:I'd suggest that you get a life........


Since I'm an IT person, I'm quite interested in how it's done.
You should never deny education.

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3190
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008
Location: Existential dilemma!

Postby taxico » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 7:07 pm

am i the only person here without facebook?

i'm so low-tech.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35122
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 23 Jul 2011 8:30 pm

Venomrush wrote:
BillyB wrote:I'd suggest that you get a life........


Since I'm an IT person, I'm quite interested in how it's done.
You should never deny education.


Education or obsession?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Computer, Internet, Phone & Electronics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest