Singapore Expats Forum

Chinese applying for PR - approved?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
derrongsun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2011

Chinese applying for PR - approved?

Postby derrongsun » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 3:30 pm

Seeing quite a bit of negativity on the board about certain race applying for PR and got rejected. Wondering if the case for the Chinese (whether you be from China, HK, Taiwan, or elsewhere) is any better. With the political climate, seems like the garmen want to increase the number of chinese in the society. Also, haven't seen much PR rejection for Chinese on this board.

Want to check the current situation. Has any chinese who applied for PR recently got approved or rejected? How long did it take for the process?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 3:34 pm

It all depends which part of the continent your Chinese are ?
Mainland Chinese. Malaysian Chinese, HK Chinese, Filipino Chinese
Big Difference in approval
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Re: Chinese applying for PR - approved?

Postby JayCee » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 3:37 pm

The reason you won't see many mainland Chinese complaining about being rejected on here is that most don't speak English
I HAVE MASTERS!

derrongsun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2011

Postby derrongsun » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 6:31 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:It all depends which part of the continent your Chinese are ?
Mainland Chinese. Malaysian Chinese, HK Chinese, Filipino Chinese
Big Difference in approval


Ok MS, what are the different levels of success you mentioned for the different chinese groups?

Malaysia Chinese?
HK Chinese?
Taiwan Chinese?
Mainland Chinese?
Other-Asian Chinese?
American Chinese?
European Chinese?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 4:53 am

I am basing this if one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA

1. M'sia Chinese
2. Indon Chinese
3. Peen Chinese
4. HK Chinese
5. European/US/OZ Chinese
6. SEA countries Chinese
7. PRC
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
JME
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat, 21 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby JME » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 4:12 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:I am basing this if one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA

1. M'sia Chinese
2. Indon Chinese
3. Peen Chinese
4. HK Chinese
5. European/US/OZ Chinese
6. SEA countries Chinese
7. PRC

Hi, MS, How about other race? Not Chinese . Like Korean, Indonesian, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Myanmar, Laotian, Cambodian. Assume one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1426
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 5:33 pm

JME wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:I am basing this if one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA

1. M'sia Chinese
2. Indon Chinese
3. Peen Chinese
4. HK Chinese
5. European/US/OZ Chinese
6. SEA countries Chinese
7. PRC

Hi, MS, How about other race? Not Chinese . Like Korean, Indonesian, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Myanmar, Laotian, Cambodian. Assume one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA.


It is upto ICA to decide and would be confidential. No one would be able to predict too..

derrongsun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2011

Postby derrongsun » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 10:43 pm

I don't know if I agree with MS assessment on the Mainland Chinese. Singapore is trying to establish fatherly ties with China right now and has made desperate pleas to ask more of them to come and support the economy - perhaps that's why you see more Mainland Chinese here in SG than any other Chinese groups.

Withe the fatherly ties, I honestly think the Mainland Chinese is much higher on the PR approval list, albeit be hidden agenda.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:35 pm

If that's what you think, good on ya. But be aware that doing so will cost the government even more votes in the next election as the locals here literally hate mainland PRC's. Tick off the locals, the complain with their vote. Now, if you were the government in power, what would YOU do?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:22 am

derrongsun wrote:I don't know if I agree with MS assessment on the Mainland Chinese. Singapore is trying to establish fatherly ties with China right now and has made desperate pleas to ask more of them to come and support the economy - perhaps that's why you see more Mainland Chinese here in SG than any other Chinese groups.

Withe the fatherly ties, I honestly think the Mainland Chinese is much higher on the PR approval list, albeit be hidden agenda.


You think so

Then this one would not be an issue
A Chinese national and Singapore Permanent Resident by the name of Zhang Yuanyuan humiliated Singapore publicly on China’s CCTV by flashing her NRIC on the screen and subsequently declared her undivided loyalty to her motherland, China!

http://www.temasekreview.com/2009/10/05 ... -publicly/

Do you know how many jobs in ICA were loss due to this debacle ?
This and many were a big slapped at the Gahmen face.
Remember Suzhou Industrial Project that was "a supposed joint venture between SG and PRC" LKY lost this plot big time !!
You think SG Gahmen forgets. Gahmen may forgive but never forget
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 22 Jul 2011 4:28 am

JME wrote:]
Hi, MS, How about other race? Not Chinese . Like Korean, Indonesian, Filipino, Thai, Vietnamese, Myanmar, Laotian, Cambodian. Assume one has a degree recognise in Singapore by MOM and ICA.


If you are not Malay Malaysian and Muslim Indonesian, your chances are all equal as there is not much diff. Funny part is Bruneian are welcome. Maybe due to the currency pegging between two countries.
Right now I dare say, our sub continent friends and PRCs are vetted closely on every application.
It is when someone do the sh*t and it became all too common and sticks out like a sore thumb, only then it became an issue
Generally apart from Arab nations and Malays, if the quotas is available , you will get it.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

derrongsun
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jul 2011

Postby derrongsun » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 12:35 pm

SG is well-known for being a "pragmatic" society. Why is the gahman allowing and promoting all these foreign workers to come in? Among other reasons, the main one being economic growth (punch above its weight as MM Lee puts it). Why does the gahman care about economic growth - since it generates income for them and who is the ultimate benefactor?

Where is the L's family stashing away their retirement funds? In Malaysia? The answer should give a good hint on which country the gahman is befriending.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3457
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 5:18 am

derrongsun wrote:SG is well-known for being a "pragmatic" society. Why is the gahman allowing and promoting all these foreign workers to come in? Among other reasons, the main one being economic growth (punch above its weight as MM Lee puts it). Why does the gahman care about economic growth - since it generates income for them and who is the ultimate benefactor?

You are still wet around your nose. Get a grip please. What happen to Harry now ? He is being dumped by his own son. You know why? He is not perfect and he made alot of blunders . The citizen and those around him saw it but scared Sh't to tell him so. Now his son do the dumpster thing on him. You know why as Loong said "Let the healing process begins"
You can control the game but the field does not belongs to you. It belongs to the people of SG. History has shown from Libya to Indonesia, there is a certain amount of patience the locals will tolerate and when it reaches the boiling point, even the timid ones are ready to die. Or you forgot the Tiannamen Massacre


Where is the L's family stashing away their retirement funds? In Malaysia? The answer should give a good hint on which country the gahman is befriending.

Wrong again. Yes, Indonesia and many countires including China. The GLC/GIC investment of SG Inc has a seven basket denomination diversification. While SG cannot ignore China for the very reason of economic survival. India is also proving another alternative choice. The Gahmen has making in roads to this country too. But alas all the bullions is in Gold and under wraps in US bank
You know what? The rate of Malaysian Chinese PR approval is only One to three months. PRC , PR applications take a stab or else you would not becoming here looking for answer?

You sounds like a broken record to me. You know nuts about SG economy and its history.

The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
JME
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat, 21 May 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby JME » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 1:35 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
JME wrote:]
If you are not Malay Malaysian and Muslim Indonesian, your chances are all equal as there is not much diff. Funny part is Bruneian are welcome. Maybe due to the currency pegging between two countries.
Right now I dare say, our sub continent friends and PRCs are vetted closely on every application.
It is when someone do the sh*t and it became all too common and sticks out like a sore thumb, only then it became an issue
Generally apart from Arab nations and Malays, if the quotas is available , you will get it.


Thanks, MS. I think if salary and academic are quite good, race does not have much weight. But, anyway, I think it is yet good time for other race to apply PR now.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests