Singapore Expats Forum

Questions on PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ben8118

Questions on PR application

Postby ben8118 » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:40 pm

Hi,

Me and my wife are both Malaysians. We have been working in Singapore for the past 3 months. Both of us are under EP. I'm working in a private sector and she's working with the singapore government.

We are interested to settle down in Singapore and apply for PR. My questions are:

1) Is it too early to lodge PR application?
2) How do I go around lodging the PR application? Is it purely application on myself or should I go through my company? And if I go through my company in my PR application, do I stand a higher chance?

Hope you guys can shed some ideas.

Thank you.
Ben

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Questions on PR application

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 4:49 am

ben8118 wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife are both Malaysians. We have been working in Singapore for the past 3 months. Both of us are under EP. I'm working in a private sector and she's working with the singapore government.

We are interested to settle down in Singapore and apply for PR. My questions are:

1) Is it too early to lodge PR application?

Yes

2) How do I go around lodging the PR application? Is it purely application on myself or should I go through my company? And if I go through my company in my PR application, do I stand a higher chance?

No chance, wait a little longer like a year or two. Have minimum income of a P2. Proof of three years income .Apply as a family. Procreate and you will stand a better chance. You will be wasitn your time and energy only if you do it now. go to ICA website for more info. www.ica.gov.sg
Going thru via company will only mean the company you are working will have to fork out CPF contribution which some companies may not like it as it is additional cost to them

Hope you guys can shed some ideas.

Thank you.
Ben
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ben8118

Postby ben8118 » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:37 am

Hi mad scientist,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm currently under P2 and my wife is under Q2.
My boss and company are supportive. They encouraged and urged me to apply now and ASAP. They told me that the company/HR can provide the necessary and supporting documents needed for the PR application.

On my company side, I do not forsee any problems. My concern is whether ICA will reject or there will be a rule e.g. a person can only apply after 1 year or 2 year etc.

That's why I would like to clarify with you guys regarding this matter. And if the company recommendation and supporting letter can enhance the chances, then it would be great.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:49 am

Technically you can apply after 6 months of working in SG. But the current trend is like a year or two. However since you are Malaysian , I think you can try it on the sixth month of your working EP
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!