Singapore Expats Forum

Is this SG life just like this??? Just work?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
fernando_ooi

Is this SG life just like this??? Just work?

Postby fernando_ooi » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 9:33 pm

Hi there, i'm late 20, live and work in SG for almost five or six years... from M'sia, local PR here, well, M'sia is so close to SG can say that there almost the same, so i really dunno am i consider an expat here??? to be honest.. i really wonder y and start feel bored at here........ Everything around us are all jsut human creature.... Hard to find any quiet and natural places.

So, would you all expat pls tell me normally what u all do at SG beside than just working??? Just an opinion sharing section here.. Cheers!
Pick me, choose me and love me....

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:53 pm

Lots of us go to Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Vietnam and enjoy the peace and solitude and/or exciting things to do that don't necessarily entail spending tonnes of money or dressing up fancy or otherwise trying to impress the local/natives/expats. Singapore is for work only, and a pretty good hub to go everywhere else in the region.

fernando_ooi

Postby fernando_ooi » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 11:08 pm

Thanks... Ya, i agreed with you after reading of what you said and after deep thought. Well, to be honest, the reason i'm here is also because of the better salary and good exchange rate. Thats why i'm still here after few years.

That's why i'm just wonder normally what expat will do at here in sg and are they really enjoy here? I'm really wonder. I'm not really like the lifestyle at here, its just because here can get me better income and SGD is strong, its really good and feel damn good when using SGD travel around to others countries. Please don say that i'm such a shallow person... i'm just being realistic...

Thanks again for your comment. Hope to hear from others too.. Cheers!

efrew

Postby efrew » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 3:12 pm

There are many reasons why people enjoy Singapore, apart from the $$$. Coming from Asia yourself, particularly M'sia, you tend to forget that a lot of people come from places that are totally different from Singapore. Places where eating at a hawker center is actually a new experience.

I suppose after a number of years, the novelty starts to wear off and i would assume many expats then leave after that. Those that stay, will either really enjoy the Asian lifestyle and/or have a very promising career here, and/or have found a life partner here.

If you're bored, best way to get out of the boredom is to (a) travel, (b) meet new people, (c) take up a hobby. If you're keen on (b), let me know. =)

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 4:41 pm

efrew wrote:If you're bored, best way to get out of the boredom is to (a) travel, (b) meet new people, (c) take up a hobby. If you're keen on (b), let me know. =)

true say.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 5:29 pm

efrew wrote:Those that stay, will either really enjoy the Asian lifestyle and/or have a very promising career here, and/or have found a life partner here.

Or all of the above. :cool:

fernando_ooi

Postby fernando_ooi » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 8:45 pm

Dear all,

Thanks alot for sharing ur thoughts... its really true. Its really depend on ourself how we want our life to be.... :D

Well, thats the reason i join this forum and would like to find out more, learn more, make more new friends, rather than just my industry friends.... Really nice to hear the replied from all of u.... Cheers!!!!! :wink:

fernando_ooi

Postby fernando_ooi » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 8:49 pm

If you're bored, best way to get out of the boredom is to (a) travel, (b) meet new people, (c) take up a hobby. If you're keen on (b), let me know. =)[/quote]

Hi efrew,

This is for sure that i'm so keen on ur option (B). I'll be so honor if get to know u or others to expand my friend circle.... PM me or drop me an email, if can't PM, u can get my email through my profile. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 11:36 pm

efrew wrote:I suppose after a number of years, the novelty starts to wear off and i would assume many expats then leave after that. Those that stay, will either really enjoy the Asian lifestyle and/or have a very promising career here, and/or have found a life partner here.

If you're bored, best way to get out of the boredom is to (a) travel, (b) meet new people, (c) take up a hobby. If you're keen on (b), let me know. =)

+1

Well said :P

bkelly23

Postby bkelly23 » Sun, 24 Jul 2011 8:22 pm

based on your post, i think i would love to hang out with you
i'm 21, male, from u.s.... let me know, i think we just might have some things in common

fernando_ooi

Postby fernando_ooi » Mon, 25 Jul 2011 7:51 am

Hi... nice to hear from you Bkelly23. How long you been in SG? If i got your message earlier, perhaps you can join us an expat dinner on last night, we suceed to gather up 10 expats including me for a dinner last night, it was a succesful one. Drop me an PM or email and we can talk more. hope to hear from you soon. cheeers!

fernando_ooi@mail.com