Singapore Expats Forum

23/f from UK looking for friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
cozypurple

Postby cozypurple » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 3:30 pm

Hi, 23/F here, I grew up in the UK ( Edinburgh ) and now working in Singapore, east area, Chinese origin. Interested for a coffee or cinema or something over the weekend?
Have fun, its ok to immature the whole life :)

cozypurple

Postby cozypurple » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 3:34 pm

Re Jo:

You are so lucky to living with boyfriend. I have been here since Jan and only saw my boyfriend from UK for 2 weeks during end of August. Feeling really crap to get used to be by myself again. I will not get to see him until at least next July!!!! :(

Pippa

josephine89

Postby josephine89 » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 4:05 pm

Hi Pippa,

I know how you must feel! I hated being away from my boy friend all the time so I came out here to live with him. Are you on facebook?

Jo

cozypurple

re Jo

Postby cozypurple » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 4:19 pm

Hey Jo,

Really? How long before you made the move over here to be with him? He just started working like a year ago and I pretty much just started working properly this year so we have agreed that we should concentrate on work first . But it is hard, esp I have just seen him. We have been together for over 2 years. Anyway, I am very happy for you, one less long distance couple!!! Hope you are very happy :)
Which bit of Singapore do you live?
Pippa

louisebethan

Postby louisebethan » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 9:41 pm

hi, im 23 from the uk. Ive been here for a while but looking to expand my social circle as the expats come and go in singapore very quickly. let me know if you arrange a meet up, Louise

louisebethanclarkson@hotmail.com

no1naz

same for mee!

Postby no1naz » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 9:39 am

I just moved here and ive been with my girlfriend for 8 years and never been this far apart for this long! Ive only been in singapore for 2 weeks, but it feels like time goes slower here than london.

I didnt have anyone i knew when i came out here, it was a work opportunity i didnt want to turn down. I felt like going home as you feel alone, no one who actually knows you! But hoping to change that! meet people, get a social group going so i actually enjoy being here!

So let me know ppl!
You need to take it to make it

newmember

Postby newmember » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:02 am

hey guys,
I am sorry to post this here b/c I am not in Singapore yet. I am in my twenties trying to connect with people working in Singapore to see how they landed their jobs there. I am 23 from Canada. I have a degree in Psychology and experience in counselling and teaching (at the moment) . Private message me if you're able to or email me at shabrina_b13@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

lulu86

Postby lulu86 » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 1:05 pm

Hi guys

I'm looking to make new friends here too, I'm 25, originally from South Africa, although was living in the UK before coming to Singapore.

I would be delighted to meet up for coffee or drinks. Also looking for a weekend jogging buddy if anyone's interested. Get in touch with me at rudoamagadza@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers!

aliced

Postby aliced » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 7:10 pm

Hey, I know this post is getting a bit old. But ive just moved to Singapore. keen to meet some new people. Im 22 and from NZ.
I think i'm pretty fun, i love to drink, party, eat good food, travel etc etc.
CHeers, Alice

no1naz

ey

Postby no1naz » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 9:37 am

seems like alot of ppl are interested in meeting up, but has anyone actually met up?

im echoing the same as everyone on this chat, so we could all meet together? Would like to see some of the bars here, not been to many, or interesting food places etc!

Holla at me!
You need to take it to make it

stephwilly

Postby stephwilly » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:38 am

ooh - massive coincidence - I've just moved here too!!! :D

I'm a 24 year old female journalist from London and am looking to meet some nice new sparkly people to hang out with!!

I like to drink, dance, eat, read, travel and do a bit of writing/work in my spare time...

I dont know the city at all yet, so far having only ventured to the centre when I caught the wrong MRT (only arrived on Sunday and still a bit jetlagged clearly).

If anyone shares the same interests, would be lovely to hear from you; stephanie.wilson@icis.com

Steph

halo_jones

Postby halo_jones » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 7:57 pm

Hi everyone,
If this thread is still alive I'm new in Singapore and would like to meet up if there's something happening.

I'm 22, female, from UK btw.

Nirvana

sammone40
Regular
Regular

Postby sammone40 » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:13 pm

Haven't heard from anyone on this thread as yet but there's a few things on tomorrow and Friday night if anyone is interested?
**How many times will we say the world is not enough. Be one with the earth**