Singapore Expats

WE WANT FRIENDS!

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Shelton11

Post by Shelton11 » Mon, 22 Aug 2011 8:33 pm

Really like your intro, I have been here 4 weeks nearly, just found a place to stay using easyroom mate which was painless. The shoe string is taking some getting used to.

A small group of us are heading to the East coast in a couple of weeks Saturday with a few friends, Brits, Kiwis, Ozzies and Germans for a bbq and a kick around. We are a pretty small group but all think more the merrier.

would be great if you would come along.

tim

[email protected]

captainstrange

up for that

Post by captainstrange » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 8:15 pm

Feel free to count me in, please email or PM me;

[email protected]

If you want to do anything this weekend be good.

ElainePanda

Post by ElainePanda » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 9:26 pm

Hi there, I'm up for making some new friends too!! I have been in Singapore for about 3months, still looking to expand my social circle. I'm originally from Australia altho i'm asian and lived in Indonesia till i was about 10. Count me in for some bbq and bit of fun!

Darp

Post by Darp » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 8:37 am

Me too! I have been in Singapore for nearly two months now and looking to expand my social circle. I am Taiwanese and have lived in Stockholm over the past 8 years. I am in Singapore to work on a research project. You sound like a really interesting bunch so if you are organizing anything, please count me in! Here's my email: [email protected]

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Shelton11

Post by Shelton11 » Mon, 29 Aug 2011 7:16 pm

Hi there, just incase anyone is at a loose ends for tomorrow, a few of us are heading to McRichie Reservoir for some Kayaking, meeting about 2.30 or so by the cafe, nice mixed group, bring standard essentials ie food, drinks, maybe a ball..see you there

Donocono

Post by Donocono » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 5:31 pm

All: if there's still room on the friend bus, I'm two weeks into a seven week contract (professor, doing some teaching) and looking for some yuks with good folks. Would love to join in any reindeer games.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Donovan

Sayj Emma

Post by Sayj Emma » Tue, 06 Sep 2011 11:38 am

Hi it's anyone fancy going to the comedy club on 16 th September, voucherwow.Com for 241 deal $50 for 2 tickets, it starts at 8.30 and looks like a good night http://www.voucherwow.com/cities/singap ... rth-100-1/

Let me know if u get tickets and we can try and meet up!

RegRom

meeting?!?!

Post by RegRom » Wed, 07 Sep 2011 8:25 am

Hi all!
Since the most of us are on a low budget....:
Why not meet up!

Would be great to meet all of you, have a drink, maybe exchang some ideas.

Who knows, maybe we can help each other!

CU!
Last edited by RegRom on Thu, 15 Sep 2011 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bbblublue

Post by Bbblublue » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 1:11 pm

Mind to share what happen ??

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 2:25 pm

OP spit his dummy. Happens occasionally. No matter how old some folks are they still spit their dummies like little children. - moderator
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lindsayvine

Post by lindsayvine » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 9:51 pm

No, haven't spit my dummy out at all. I have however, found that there are genuinely a hell of a lot of weird tossers on this site and a hell of a lot of pretentious twats walking these streets.

We did meet some good people and we have made some very nice friends. The ratio however was 1 decent person to 8 complete knobs.

Will this post stay or will it be removed by moderators?

Singapore. The most racist country I've ever been in. If I meet another white person that says no Indians etc I will instantly headbutt them.

Yours Sincerely

A White Person.
I'd rather live and regret what I have done than have to live and regret doing nothing at all.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:37 pm

Maturity is not taking a thread in a forum and making it all but unreadable by childishly deleting the text of one's posts, just because some of the replies were not to your liking, thereby making the posts of others just take up bandwidth. There are always jerks on forums, don't become one of them yourself. moderator

Normally, your account would have been locked as well......
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: .

Post by JR8 » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 10:46 pm

lindsayvine wrote: Singapore. The most racist country I've ever been in. If I meet another white person that says no Indians etc I will instantly headbutt them.
I don't follow. Who is saying 'No Indians' to whom?

p.s. Quite ironic seeing an ex-copper (UK policeman), of all people, accusing others of being racist.