Singapore Expats Forum

Approved in Principle PEP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

addy456
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Approved in Principle PEP

Postby addy456 » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 4:45 am

I applied for PEP and get my AIP letter today - i have few questions hope you guys help me out

1) After getting AIP what is the process of getting PEP - Please guide me briefly?

2) How is the job market and which is the best time to do job search to come to singapore?

3) What visa i apply from abroad to come to singapore to get my PEP?

Thanks in advance :)

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 9:46 am

All that information is freely available by doing a search either here or preferably on the MOM website.

You have masters right?
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Approved in Principle PEP

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Jul 2011 10:52 am

addy456 wrote:I applied for PEP and get my AIP letter today - i have few questions hope you guys help me out

1) After getting AIP what is the process of getting PEP - Please guide me briefly?

Come to Singapore. Go to MOM. Follow their instructions.

2) How is the job market and which is the best time to do job search to come to singapore?

The job market is great. Provided you are a Permanent Resident (PR) or a Citizen. For foreigner? Unless it's in the Financial District, might be a bit of a problem, unless you are a top notch brain surgeon.

3) What visa i apply from abroad to come to singapore to get my PEP?

The same visa you apply for normally, to come to Singapore. With the AIP in hand you shouldn't need to buy a return trip ticket though, but that may also depend on your country of origin.

Thanks in advance :)


sms

addy456
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Postby addy456 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:53 am

JayCee wrote:All that information is freely available by doing a search either here or preferably on the MOM website.

You have masters right?


Yes

addy456
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue, 19 Apr 2011

Re: Approved in Principle PEP

Postby addy456 » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 1:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
addy456 wrote:I applied for PEP and get my AIP letter today - i have few questions hope you guys help me out

1) After getting AIP what is the process of getting PEP - Please guide me briefly?

Come to Singapore. Go to MOM. Follow their instructions.

2) How is the job market and which is the best time to do job search to come to singapore?

The job market is great. Provided you are a Permanent Resident (PR) or a Citizen. For foreigner? Unless it's in the Financial District, might be a bit of a problem, unless you are a top notch brain surgeon.

3) What visa i apply from abroad to come to singapore to get my PEP?

The same visa you apply for normally, to come to Singapore. With the AIP in hand you shouldn't need to buy a return trip ticket though, but that may also depend on your country of origin.

Thanks in advance :)


sms


First of all i would like to say thanks to you on your valuable comments ..i have few questions given below ..


1) In my letter does not have the clause that it has a single trip pre-approved visa. for my point of view it means i have to apply for SVP first to enter in to singapore?

2) What are the requirements of SVP on the website of ICA it is written that

*) Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant and a local sponsor (the local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) above 21 years old)

That means i have to chase some one in singapore to get the invitation to apply for my SVP isnt it?

*)A confirmed onward/ return ticket (for all non-Malaysian applicants)
Why should i buy the return ticket?


3) In form 14 there is a line which is "PURPOSE OF VISIT"

In purpose of visit do i need to write for collection of PEP?


Bit confused:)

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 9:53 am

addy456 wrote:
JayCee wrote:All that information is freely available by doing a search either here or preferably on the MOM website.

You have masters right?


Yes


Thought so
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: Approved in Principle PEP

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 10:09 am

addy456 wrote:First of all i would like to say thanks to you on your valuable comments ..i have few questions given below ..


1) In my letter does not have the clause that it has a single trip pre-approved visa. for my point of view it means i have to apply for SVP first to enter in to singapore?

If your country does not have an agreement for a tourist visa on arrival, then yes, you would need to apply for said visa as is the norm for your country (which you have not indicated).

2) What are the requirements of SVP on the website of ICA it is written that

*) Duly completed Form 14* signed by the applicant and a local sponsor (the local sponsor must be either a Singapore Citizen (SC) or Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) above 21 years old)

That means i have to chase some one in singapore to get the invitation to apply for my SVP isnt it?

If that's what it says, then you must. Pretty plain English. Again, you need to ascertain whether your country is required to gain a visa prior to landing in Singapore.

*)A confirmed onward/ return ticket (for all non-Malaysian applicants)
Why should i buy the return ticket?

Because they say so. It's their ballpark, they make the rules. They don't have to make it easy.



3) In form 14 there is a line which is "PURPOSE OF VISIT"

In purpose of visit do i need to write for collection of PEP?

Is that the purpose of your visit? Then that's what you put.

Bit confused:)


You did say you had a masters right? Are you from the subcontinent?

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Postby BillyB » Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:25 pm

JayCee wrote:
addy456 wrote:
JayCee wrote:All that information is freely available by doing a search either here or preferably on the MOM website.

You have masters right?


Yes


Thought so


Lol


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests