Singapore Expats

PEP Appoved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mainsp

PEP Appoved

Post by mainsp » Tue, 12 Jul 2011 1:00 pm

I am pleased to advise that my PEP is approved as of last week. A big thank you to Strong Eagle for his time and help, without which my application would not have been submitted. I also appreciate the help of SMS who provided valuable information.

I have got one quick question and hope someone will be able to help me:

Does PEP allow me to have two jobs at same time? I am thinking of a part time Instructor position at a college / Univ. in Singapore on top of full time job in the financial services industry (This is what I have been doing here in Canada).

Cheers :)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 12 Jul 2011 1:28 pm

Unfortunately I don't think so. The PEP is a Work visa just like the rest, with the sole exception that it isn't tied to one employer. But you can still only work for one employer at a time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

wkwoods

Post by wkwoods » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 9:13 am

The opposite is possible. You can take up a full time University position and consult. During my time, you were officially allowed to earn up to 60% of your university salary, but they have probably liberalised it by now.

mainsp

Post by mainsp » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 9:40 am

Hi SMS,

I emailed MOM with the same inquiry and got this reply:

We refer to your email dated 18 July 2011. We wish to inform that when there is a change in employer/employmentstatus/additional Employment (Part time), Personalised Employment Pass(PEP) holders are required to notify Work Pass Division (WPD) within sevendays of the change by submitting the Notification Form for PEP holders.

Does this mean that recent changes have allowed PEP holders to have additional part time job as well as mentioned in their email reply. Please advise.

Cheers

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:03 am

mainsp wrote:Hi SMS,

I emailed MOM with the same inquiry and got this reply:

We refer to your email dated 18 July 2011. We wish to inform that when there is a change in employer/employmentstatus/additional Employment (Part time), Personalised Employment Pass(PEP) holders are required to notify Work Pass Division (WPD) within sevendays of the change by submitting the Notification Form for PEP holders.

Does this mean that recent changes have allowed PEP holders to have additional part time job as well as mentioned in their email reply. Please advise.

Cheers
Very interesting. We've hunted for a long time for written confirmation of that, and still haven't been able to find it. However, it would appear then, that it is entirely possible on a PEP. We know, absolutely, that you cannot work Part Time as well if on a normal EP. So, it would appear that that is another way that the PEP is approaching the benefits of PR's. I won't say it's a change, but a revelation. It might have been like that but never published anywhere. Did they refer you to any online page where it's written or only what it in the email reply? Definitely KEEP the email message for future reference/protection should it become an issue in the future. It's good to know, though. Many Thanks! ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

chuckgracey

Same Scenario

Post by chuckgracey » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:22 am

I just registered to post this. I also want to do part time work whilst keeping my current job. I'm on PEP. When I asked MOM about my options/intentions, I got a similar reply via email.

@mainsp
So how did it go for you? Did you pursue your part time job and notify MOM?

chuckgracey

Post by chuckgracey » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 11:29 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Did they refer you to any online page where it's written or only what it in the email reply?
Hi, The email I received had a link to the update form:
http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... oyerchange
Notice the header of Part III:
PART III – NEW / ADDITIONAL EMPLOYMENT

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 Feb 2012 12:15 pm

+1

Very good to know. Thanks! :cool: