Singapore Expats Forum

indie and alternative music

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
IrishGirl83

indie and alternative music

Postby IrishGirl83 » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 10:20 pm

Hi!

I've just arrived in Singapore and I would be really interested in finding out about any good indie and alternative music venues in Singapore and any concerts or music festivals that are happening over the next few months. Have looked at TimeOut Singapore and I-S magazine but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening at the moment.

Thanks!

KayCeee

Postby KayCeee » Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:06 pm

am interestd in them...will look out n keep u informed..

Please keep me updated if u come across any...

cheers
Sam
Life is quite simple...unless we don't make it complicated...

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 2:50 pm

indie kid here*wave*

the whole music scene here sucks.i dont see a real live house here,srsly!
but would love to meet up as we may like the same bands:)

im a concert maniac.hahahhaha.

feel free to pm :D

Lilybet

Postby Lilybet » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 8:52 pm

Hiya

Two door cinema club are playing next month. I already have my ticket but I'm new to Singapore so going alone at the moment. If you wanted to get a ticket and meet up before or something then that would be good.

Neon Trees (I'd never heard of them but have now listened to the album and they're like Killers) are playing at fort canning Park this month, with We are scientists supporting. going with a group from work but again you're more than welcome.

There's a girl called Bevlyn Khoo playing at esplanade, can't remember when but her style of music sounded quite good, bit of a mix. Might go see her but can't remember when it is and haven't heard her music but maybe...

Sistic is the main ticket booking place, like ticketmaster, and there's a bit going on in August. Are you too young to know the cranberries and suede?

There's more going on here than where I used to live anyway.

Drop me an email at loobylootoo@hotmail.com if you're interested in any of these. Love a good concert.

Have fun

Lizzie

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 12:48 am

Lilybet wrote:Hiya

Two door cinema club are playing next month. I already have my ticket but I'm new to Singapore so going alone at the moment. If you wanted to get a ticket and meet up before or something then that would be good.

Neon Trees (I'd never heard of them but have now listened to the album and they're like Killers) are playing at fort canning Park this month, with We are scientists supporting. going with a group from work but again you're more than welcome.

There's a girl called Bevlyn Khoo playing at esplanade, can't remember when but her style of music sounded quite good, bit of a mix. Might go see her but can't remember when it is and haven't heard her music but maybe...

Sistic is the main ticket booking place, like ticketmaster, and there's a bit going on in August. Are you too young to know the cranberries and suede?

There's more going on here than where I used to live anyway.

Drop me an email at loobylootoo@hotmail.com if you're interested in any of these. Love a good concert.

Have fun

Lizzie

i'm aware of all the gigs you listed above :D the reason it's a bit hapenning in Aug coz bands all playing summersonic/fuji rock in japan and some other fest in australia.
my friend's going to both two door cinema club&suede
about neon trees,not too sure about them as i only saw the killers before,and skipped their gig last year at lollapalooza to catch other bands.
it's kinda a joke that we're the scientists are the opening act but not the headliner.

if you guys wanna check out some local bands,go to baybeats happening 8.19,20, and it's free.

will go celebrate Lollapalooza's 20th anniversary in Chicago,followed by the debut comeback of The Shins&Clap Your Hands Say Yeah in San Fran!!!so prompted!

chaosphere
Regular
Regular

Re: indie and alternative music

Postby chaosphere » Tue, 19 Jul 2011 8:11 pm

IrishGirl83 wrote:Hi!

I've just arrived in Singapore and I would be really interested in finding out about any good indie and alternative music venues in Singapore and any concerts or music festivals that are happening over the next few months. Have looked at TimeOut Singapore and I-S magazine but there doesn't seem to be a lot happening at the moment.

Thanks!

Check out these guys http://www.facebook.com/lamcproductions7
The better concert organizers here.

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: indie and alternative music

Postby AngelJoy » Wed, 20 Jul 2011 12:32 am

chaosphere wrote:
IrishGirl83 wrote:Hi!

Thanks!

Check out these guys http://www.facebook.com/lamcproductions7
The better concert organizers here.

not really into bands/artists brought in by LAMC this year so far, but they're quite good anywyas.enjoyed Big Night Out and many other concerts by them.

Midas,Untitled,Chugg Entertainment,Greenhorn Productions,Wake Me Up Music and Lushington Entertainment are the main concert promoters i can think of right now.

kimotherapy

Postby kimotherapy » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 6:23 pm

Not forgetting The National is coming back again after they cancelled their previous show.

Laneway Festivcal is coming again.

If u want more metal bands. Let me know.
Toxic Holocaust just performed here on Tuesday together with Obscura!
Bought in by the kind folks at Cynical Sounds.

There are a few more smaller music promoters that bring in Metal or Hardcore bands. There's one old skool hardcore band coming soon think in Oct, Youth Of Today.

Cheers!

Snowfly
Regular
Regular

Postby Snowfly » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 1:48 am

Laneway still is the best concert experience I've had in sg so far. Rained the whole event and it turned into a full bonafide lollapalooza. Can't wait to see who they're bringing in next year.

If any of you are into the local scene, B-Quartet's playing their second to final show this weekend at Substation. They really are incredible live, try to catch them before they're gone.