Singapore Expats Forum

Fiance's children not mine! How to move over?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 9:51 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Getting LTSVP for your future wife will be a challenge as marriage of convenience will be the first suspicion from ICA

MS, could FW go the route of having his relationship attested as equivalent to a common-law marriage, and reach his end goals via that route?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 5:20 am

JR8 wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:Getting LTSVP for your future wife will be a challenge as marriage of convenience will be the first suspicion from ICA

MS, could FW go the route of having his relationship attested as equivalent to a common-law marriage, and reach his end goals via that route?

This is double edge sword. Since he is a local, they have to get married then on apply LTSVP. This is the same guideline my brother went thru.

If you are on EP , then it is a different route as it goes thru MOM where common law marriage is allowed for a DP or LTSVP depending on the EP Pass category
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

ForeignWife

Postby ForeignWife » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:30 pm

MS: So is there a way to reduce that suspicion?? We have known each other for almost a year now.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:27 pm

ForeignWife wrote:MS: So is there a way to reduce that suspicion?? We have known each other for almost a year now.
The problem with knowing each other only 1 year. Is a problem, though I'm pretty sure that ICA will not see it has a marriage of convenience if she and the kids are German nationals. So I wouldn't worry so much about that.

If you can, you should document the time you have known each other, through trips to Germany or even if you met on the internet. ICA will only worry that your relationship may well not work out, there maybe a distinct challenge in culture to over come....

Bureaucracy is cold and calculated like the military, doesn't condone marriage. ICA will be looking closely at your income and if you do marry, have you sufficient funds to look after 3 more mouths.

Your ages will also be evaluated, young and hasty would normally get delayed, mature and kids would be more stable, though you have never lived together, what's the likely hood of the kids and wife giving up German citizenship...

My fingers are crossed for you, there is no easy way, forget adoption kids may also resent it later, it's not in there interest as Europeans to be honest and it would be difficult to push through.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 5:10 am

I agree with KSL but not on the marriage of convenience. As you are well aware, Asia is the biggest big thing here and SG smack right at the centre of all the happenings. Although your future wife is a German that does not necessarily you are out of the woods. Marriage of convenience can be seen in many angles. Economic migration from third state to a first world country, war, religion etc... Your stepchildren can be seen as a burden to the healthcare sytem, social integration , burden to welfare system so on and so forth. You need to earn at least $2.5 to $2.8K in order to proof that you are able to support your future family is one of the condition. Having your own roof over your head rather than coming to HDB for rental apartment.Paying taxes for at least three years. MCYS does not control ICA vice versa. One department approval does not mean is a green light to another.
All these and more will affect the outcome of your family future. My best advise is to get ROM in Germany and SG. Get the custodial right of your stepkids, apply LTSVP and have a back up plan if everything goes to custard
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!