Singapore Expats Forum

Para legal pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sreekanthcnair

Para legal pass

Postby sreekanthcnair » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:41 am

Hi everyone,
I'm from India and had been practicing as a lawyer for the past 9 months. Now I have recived offer letter froma singapore firm as para legal staff (3000 S$/ month ) and they hav applied for work pass there. Today I came to know from the company official that it has been rejected and has asked them to resubmit for an error while filling my pass port expiry date. Will it be difficult to obtain a pass for me? Please help me out.
Last edited by sreekanthcnair on Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Miles to go and promises to keep before I sleep...

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Para legal pass

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:47 am

sreekanthcnair wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm from India and had been practicing as a lawyer for the past 9 months. Now I have recived offer letter froma singapore firm as para legal staff (3000 S$/ month ) and they hav applied for work pass there. Today I came to know from the company official that it has been rejected and has asked them to resubmit for an error while filling my pass port expiry date. Will it be difficult to obtain a pass for me?

Please reduce your font. Secondly the information that you have provided is too generic to suggest or predict an answer.

Your qn is as good as I have got a job in SG. Will my EP be approved.? It is like that.. Read the MOM site. Try this for a start http://sat.mom.gov.sg/

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:49 am

company official that it has been rejected and has asked them to resubmit
You do not say who asked to resubmit, if it is MOM then, vetting may have to be done. So you have a 50/50 chance a yes or a no! :wink:

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:57 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
I'm from India and had been practicing as a lawyer for the past 9 months. Now I have recived offer letter froma singapore firm as para legal staff (3000 S$/ month ) and they hav applied for work pass there. Today I came to know from the company official that it has been rejected and has asked them to resubmit for an error while filling my pass port expiry date. Will it be difficult to obtain a pass for me?

Please reduce your font. Secondly the information that you have provided is too generic to suggest or predict an answer.

Your qn is as good as I have got a job in SG. Will my EP be approved.? It is like that.. Read the MOM site. Try this for a start http://sat.mom.gov.sg/

I hav graduated in 2010, have 9 mnths full time experience and has got 3 years experience (part time). I have got 60 % mark for my BA. LL.B course. I have applied to a singapore based law firm for the post of para legal staff and has got selected after their selection process. I have been informed by them that they will be applying for my work pass. My sallary was fixd at 3000 sd per month. Today when I called them they informed me that MOM has asked them to re submit the application as there was an error while they entered date of expiry of my passport. Will it be difficult to get my pass approved?

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 11:59 am

ksl wrote:
company official that it has been rejected and has asked them to resubmit
You do not say who asked to resubmit, if it is MOM then, vetting may have to be done. So you have a 50/50 chance a yes or a no! :wink:

It was the MOM b'coz there was an error when they entered the date of expiry of my passport.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:04 pm

sreekanthcnair wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

I hav graduated in 2010, have 9 mnths full time experience and has got 3 years experience (part time). I have got 60 % mark for my BA. LL.B course. I have applied to a singapore based law firm for the post of para legal staff and has got selected after their selection process. I have been informed by them that they will be applying for my work pass. My sallary was fixd at 3000 sd per month. Today when I called them they informed me that MOM has asked them to re submit the application as there was an error while they entered date of expiry of my passport. Will it be difficult to get my pass approved?

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

No-one can say if you will get your pass approved or not, every submission is judged on it's own merits. Personally, I would guess that you will get rejected due to not having much experience but I could be wrong
I HAVE MASTERS!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 11 Jul 2011 12:27 pm

Greenhorn lawyers are easy to find in Singapore. The odds are definitely against your being successful. However, don't let that stop you from trying. I'd say at the moment your chances are about 15% of being successful. Where did I get that from? I just pulled it out of the sky but based on what we've been seeing here for the past 18 months or so, especially for those coming from the sub-continent, that might be a generous percentage, especially since the GE in May.

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 4:16 pm

IMHO the person's application was rejected due to incorrect passport details due to manual entry.

Does that mean if he entered correct details it would be approved? Probably not.... but it could....

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 6:17 pm

FaeLLe wrote:IMHO the person's application was rejected due to incorrect passport details due to manual entry.

Does that mean if he entered correct details it would be approved? Probably not.... but it could....

Will I be able to get an S pass atleast??

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 7:20 pm

Well I'm quite positive about his application, if MOM was going to refuse, him they would have done it already passport expiry date mistake or not. To ask for resubmit of document is a positive step forward.

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Wed, 13 Jul 2011 7:34 pm

ksl wrote:Well I'm quite positive about his application, if MOM was going to refuse, him they would have done it already passport expiry date mistake or not. To ask for resubmit of document is a positive step forward.

Happy that atlast I got a positive reply... :)

FaeLLe
Chatter
Chatter

Postby FaeLLe » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 11:28 am

ksl wrote:Well I'm quite positive about his application, if MOM was going to refuse, him they would have done it already passport expiry date mistake or not. To ask for resubmit of document is a positive step forward.

I think so too.... shreekanth do come back and update us mate.

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 1:01 pm

FaeLLe wrote:

I think so too.... shreekanth do come back and update us mate.

Thankyou everyone for your prayers and wishes, I got the pass approved, but it was after an appeal...

sreekanthcnair

Postby sreekanthcnair » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:24 pm

Where is cecil street located? What is the average rent in places around cecil street? Can you please help me with a brief idea with the avg. expense? I'm single.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 9:52 am

sreekanthcnair wrote:Where is cecil street located? What is the average rent in places around cecil street? Can you please help me with a brief idea with the avg. expense? I'm single.

Ever heard of google?
I HAVE MASTERS!