Singapore Expats Forum

Where can I buy a water purifier?

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

cathy_r

Where can I buy a water purifier?

Postby cathy_r » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 8:24 pm

Any idea where I can buy a water purifier? I don't like the taste of water here and buying mineral/purified water from Fairprice is a bit tiresome...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 8:59 pm

Not sure where you are from, but W.H.O. gives Singapore better marks for water quality than almost every city in the world. Guess you're really used to lousy tasting water and have just gotten used to it.

Anyway, you can buy them in most any large well known department store like Harvey Norman, Or CK Tangs. Check Robinsons as well.

http://tinyurl.com/3e6lux7

taxico
Director
Director

Postby taxico » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 10:04 am

when compared to the rest of the world, water quality is generally good in singapore, but there is a lot of dirt and sediment in some of the older piping in singapore...

recently the water flow in one of my taps got low and no one could figure out why.

a plumber came by, unscrewed the faucet and showed us all the little stones and dirt trapped inside it. it was all knocked out and all became well. no charge...!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

cathy_r

Postby cathy_r » Sat, 09 Jul 2011 1:40 pm

taxico wrote:when compared to the rest of the world, water quality is generally good in singapore, but there is a lot of dirt and sediment in some of the older piping in singapore...

recently the water flow in one of my taps got low and no one could figure out why.

a plumber came by, unscrewed the faucet and showed us all the little stones and dirt trapped inside it. it was all knocked out and all became well. no charge...!

I was in the East area before and water is okay. But then I moved to another area and it tastes different.
Thanks for the tip!

vozzie
Regular
Regular

Postby vozzie » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 8:17 am

We have a "Dragon Fly" water maker, which came with the apartment.
It looks like a big coffee machine and it takes water out of the atmosphere ( and there's plenty in it) and stores it in reservoirs. It's a sort of air-conditioner in reverse.

Want a drink, just turn the tap.

The water passes through a number of filters as well ... which need replacing about every 6 months.

So, when you take into account the cost of the machine and cartridge changes, it's not exactly free water ... but it's pretty pure.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 10:03 pm

Changi Expo this weekend! Promotion on!

curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Postby curiousgeorge » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 7:25 am

vozzie wrote:We have a "Dragon Fly" water maker, which came with the apartment.
It looks like a big coffee machine and it takes water out of the atmosphere ( and there's plenty in it) and stores it in reservoirs. It's a sort of air-conditioner in reverse.

Want a drink, just turn the tap.

The water passes through a number of filters as well ... which need replacing about every 6 months.

So, when you take into account the cost of the machine and cartridge changes, it's not exactly free water ... but it's pretty pure.

There is a shop that sells those kinds of purifiers in Harbourfront shopping centre, 2nd or 3rd floor next to the escalators in the middle. They don't chill, do they?