Singapore Expats Forum

Meet up at any of the East coast bars/restaurants

Events and gatherings for the 40's Club
bailey2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2011

Meet up at any of the East coast bars/restaurants

Postby bailey2000 » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:42 am

Hi all,

I've been here for just over seven months (40, female, Australian) and now find myself recently separated. I live on the East coast and have tried some different places since I've been here but going out solo just feels a bit awkward. I've been to the Dog and Bone but how would that be, just showing up solo? I can't do it. Myra's is good, I'm comfortable there but it can still be pretty lonely.

Is there anyone that lives on the East Coast that heads out for a drink or a bite on Friday nights or Saturday nights?

This is not a singles email, I am just interested in having a drink or two and just a chat with females or males. I'm pretty outgoing I would say but not outgoing enough to amuse myself...

Oh yes, I've seen Changi has some places too but not sure of the ambience on a Friday or Sat night - eg The Wine Company, the Sailing club there??

Would appreciate any tips, insights, etc.

Robnc
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 13 Apr 2011

Postby Robnc » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 6:02 am

Hi Bailey. My name is Robyn, I am an Ozzie been living in the US and now moving to Singapore in August. I am 40 ish and friendly and will be looking for some buddies, so can we try to find a way to meet up? We, (myself, hubby and 9 yo son) will be living in district 16 close to Tana Mera MRT. I am newish here too, so not sure if I can pm, but write back to me so we can meet up sometime! I am married but still like to hang with my female friends. I dont know any of the places to go yet. sorry bout that! Thanks! Robyn

bailey2000
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu, 13 Jan 2011

hello

Postby bailey2000 » Thu, 14 Jul 2011 12:47 pm

Hi Robyn,

Great to hear from you. I've just sent you a PM. Look forward to catching up.

Cheers
Audra

User avatar
SachiA
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 27 Feb 2011
Location: Novena

Re: Meet up at any of the East coast bars/restaurants

Postby SachiA » Sat, 16 Jul 2011 5:04 pm

bailey2000 wrote:Hi all,

I've been here for just over seven months (40, female, Australian) and now find myself recently separated. I live on the East coast and have tried some different places since I've been here but going out solo just feels a bit awkward. I've been to the Dog and Bone but how would that be, just showing up solo? I can't do it. Myra's is good, I'm comfortable there but it can still be pretty lonely.

Is there anyone that lives on the East Coast that heads out for a drink or a bite on Friday nights or Saturday nights?

This is not a singles email, I am just interested in having a drink or two and just a chat with females or males. I'm pretty outgoing I would say but not outgoing enough to amuse myself...

Oh yes, I've seen Changi has some places too but not sure of the ambience on a Friday or Sat night - eg The Wine Company, the Sailing club there??

Would appreciate any tips, insights, etc.

Hi Bailey. I am Sachi, live in the east coast. I am from UK came here in December last year. Work at Changi General Hospital. New friends come and go. Waiting for my family to arrive hopefully end of this year. Only interested in meeting up, chat, rant, moan, keep the world right, party sometimes, etc. If you are interested email me on sachi1208@live.com or txt me on 97764325.

Been to all the places you have been, need to explore new palaces. Do not fancy doing on my own.
Sachi
Live life to its full

gks_742004
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Location: Singapore

Hi catch up at East Coast

Postby gks_742004 » Tue, 26 Jul 2011 3:11 pm

Hi I am male/37 have moved in to Singapore from Bangalore few months back. I stay at East Coast as well.

If you guys have plans to meet up, I am keen to join as well.
Same issues from a highly active social life to no social life :-).
Let me know if it's ok with you guys.

You can PM me or mail me at gks_742004@yahoo.com

Cheers

windynorth
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 03 Aug 2011

Postby windynorth » Sat, 20 Aug 2011 5:25 pm

Hi bailey

40year old Scottish male not been here that long also living up on the East Coast
finally settling down after a month of madness, time to get out and enjoy the place.

Pm if you fancy meeting up :)

andyn42
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 01 Oct 2011

Hi....welcome to the red dot

Postby andyn42 » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 10:18 pm

My name is Andy, I'm a 42 year old Englishman who's been here over 5 years. I'd be glad to have a drink or dinner with you and give you some pointers on Singapore life :-)

I'm in Bedok, so feel free to contact me and we can sort something out.

Seeya,
Andy

Kary
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 02 Oct 2011

Still Looking?

Postby Kary » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 9:34 am

Hi Bailey,

I'm brand new to Singapore (just hitting the one month mark), and if you are still looking for casual, fun, girl-time, I would love to meet up with you at interesting locations. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with locales yet, but I'm a quick learner.

I'm a Canadian woman on the East Coast -- just around the corner from the Dog & Pound. And, I'm dying to get out, meet people, have fun ... but you're sooooo right, doing it alone is a tad daunting !!!!

gks_742004
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby gks_742004 » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 2:51 pm

Hello All
Finally I see some responses here :-).
If few of you are game, how about catching up tomorrow Wednesday 5th October 7 PM or 8th October saturday same time.
Venue : Harry's at ECP

You can post a message here or PM me.

Cheers

Kary
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 02 Oct 2011

Harry's ECP

Postby Kary » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 4:08 pm

I really am a newbie ... can you tell me where on ECP Harry's is located?
I would be good for Wednesday ... if I could find the place. :D

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9257
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Harry's ECP

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 4:46 pm

Kary wrote:I really am a newbie ... can you tell me where on ECP Harry's is located?
I would be good for Wednesday ... if I could find the place. :D


1206A East Coast Park
Singapore 449891 (Next to SKI 360°)
Tel: 6446 7291, 6446 7292
Fax: 6449 7008

http://www.gothere.sg/maps#q:1206A%20Ea ... e%20449891

Does that help ?? :D :D

gks_742004
Member
Member
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby gks_742004 » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 4:58 pm

Hey Kary,
Good to hear from you.

The address is :
Harry's
1206A East Coast Park
Singapore 449891 (Next to SKI 360°)
Tel: 6446 7291, 6446 7292

This is next to the water skiing place called SKI 360 . The other landmark is Hawker Center at ECP, this is around 5 minutes walk from there.

So we are on tomorrow 7 PM.

Cheers .

Kary
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 02 Oct 2011

Postby Kary » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 5:33 pm

extremely helpful ... thank you !!!

Kary
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun, 02 Oct 2011

Postby Kary » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 5:35 pm

7pm tomorrow it is ....

User avatar
Saint
Director
Director
Posts: 3535
Joined: Thu, 16 Jun 2005
Location: The Juban Stand, Boat Quay
Contact:

Re: Still Looking?

Postby Saint » Fri, 07 Oct 2011 4:07 pm

Kary wrote:Hi Bailey,

I'm brand new to Singapore (just hitting the one month mark), and if you are still looking for casual, fun, girl-time, I would love to meet up with you at interesting locations. Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with locales yet, but I'm a quick learner.

I'm a Canadian woman on the East Coast -- just around the corner from the Dog & Pound. And, I'm dying to get out, meet people, have fun ... but you're sooooo right, doing it alone is a tad daunting !!!!


Do you mean The Dog n Bone? Pop in, we're a very friendly bunch :cool:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “40s' Club”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests