Singapore Expats Forum

LPR will stop?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
immigrants
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011

LPR will stop?

Postby immigrants » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 9:19 am

I'd got a message from another forum, they written that ICA will stop LPR thru SMC since 15/07/2011 but now still don't know it is temporary or permanent, have you heard that?

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3459
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Location: TIMBUKTU

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:43 am

Unless you can cut and paste the info you have and showed it to us as proof rather than unsupported claims, then it is best to leave this as status quo
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:44 am

Haven't heard it yet, but hoping that they do.

immigrants
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011

Postby immigrants » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:17 am

I'd read from a forum from Taiwan but it is traditional chinese
http://www.tai-sing.com/viewthread.php? ... frameon=no

I'd also e-mail to SMC and confirmed this information is true.

You can ask SMC, or you can waste your time to apply if you don't believe me.

tinkar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 16 May 2010

Postby tinkar » Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:33 pm

immigrants wrote:I'd read from a forum from Taiwan but it is traditional chinese
http://www.tai-sing.com/viewthread.php? ... frameon=no

I'd also e-mail to SMC and confirmed this information is true.

You can ask SMC, or you can waste your time to apply if you don't believe me.


wtf... Is it gonna impact the application already lodged? Worried...extremely.

Wastage of both money and time..

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:57 pm

tinkar wrote:
immigrants wrote:I'd read from a forum from Taiwan but it is traditional chinese
http://www.tai-sing.com/viewthread.php? ... frameon=no

I'd also e-mail to SMC and confirmed this information is true.

You can ask SMC, or you can waste your time to apply if you don't believe me.


wtf... Is it gonna impact the application already lodged? Hopefully. Worried...extremely.

Wastage of both money and time..


Would you rather that drag it out for a year and then tell you that you are not qualified. SMC still has your money. But at least this way, "IF IT'S TRUE" you will save a lot of time waiting and maybe decide to go to Australia instead.

roryn
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu, 07 Jul 2011

Postby roryn » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 9:28 am

This is true. I called up the consultants this morning and they have confirmed that ICA has stopped accepting LPR applications as of 30th June.

They are processing the existing LPR applications, and SMC has received more outcome letters recently.

They did not mention this to me when I called to get a status update on my own application a few days ago. I specifically asked them about this once I read it over here.

immigrants
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011

Postby immigrants » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:21 am

Hello everybody, do you know when will the LPR re-open again?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon, 04 Aug 2008
Location: Not Singapore

Postby JayCee » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:28 am

immigrants wrote:Hello everybody, do you know when will the LPR re-open again?


Never I would think, they're cutting back on the number of foreigners so it makes sense to only grant PR to people who've been here a few years first and proven their worth. Good thing too IMO
I HAVE MASTERS!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35180
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 08 Jul 2011 1:03 pm

JayCee, I second that emotion! [-o<

tinkar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun, 16 May 2010

Postby tinkar » Sun, 10 Jul 2011 4:33 pm

roryn wrote:This is true. I called up the consultants this morning and they have confirmed that ICA has stopped accepting LPR applications as of 30th June.

They are processing the existing LPR applications, and SMC has received more outcome letters recently.

They did not mention this to me when I called to get a status update on my own application a few days ago. I specifically asked them about this once I read it over here.


Mine was lodged in mid June. I feel like I will be receiving some output soon but with negative one. Hope that is not the case.

Just wondering when this LPR stuff started..?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests