Singapore Expats Forum

Re-Entry To Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Adalhedis

Re-Entry To Singapore

Postby Adalhedis » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 8:49 pm

My Malaysian boyfriend has stayed in Singapore for 60 days and thus required to return to Malaysia.

When can he come back to Malaysia again?

Adalhedis

Postby Adalhedis » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 9:23 pm

Since I started a thread, might as well ask my other questions.

My boyfriend has actually worked in Singapore for 3 years in the service line. He quit his job to study for a year for a Diploma (pending results). After his student pass expired, he stayed in Singapore for 60 days looking for a job.

He intends to carry on working and is most likely going to get a job with a gross pay of $1.9k (in talks and thus his intention to come back earlier to settle some stuff). Though I think his company is going to apply a normal work permit instead of SPass for him :(

We intend to get married after he starts work and buy a HDB under the "Non-Citizen" Spouse Scheme. I am a Singapore Citizen and earns >$3k.

How long do you think we should wait before I apply PR for him?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:38 pm

If you are Chinese, wait 2 years so it won't look like a marriage of convenience, If he is Indian, regardless of your nationality, you can try in two years, but I wouldn't hold your breath, will probably get an LTVP only based on current ground here. If he comes back here on an WP, you will have to get permission from MOM to get married. Not doing so will have him banned from Singapore even if you are married. His salary needs to be at least 2000/mo to avoid the WP and get an S pass. Then MOM requirements of getting permission is not an issue then. (S pass not necessary to get permission with).

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 1:48 am

Where did he do his diploma ? SG or M'sia. Was he on student pass while studying here
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Adalhedis

Postby Adalhedis » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:37 am

Thank you for your advices.

Forgot to mention that we are both Chinese. Yes, he was on a student pass when he studied here. Stansfield under UOL Diploma in Economics. Awaiting his results end August.

Another question: Will he have a higher chance if he continues studying for the Degree if he passes the Diploma, or continue working for a few years? Guess my concern is whether a recognized Degree or more years of working experiences will be more beneficial in his future application for PR.

Thank you for your patience in advance.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:39 am

Adalhedis wrote:Thank you for your advices.

Forgot to mention that we are both Chinese. Yes, he was on a student pass when he studied here. Stansfield under UOL Diploma in Economics. Awaiting his results end August.

Another question: Will he have a higher chance if he continues studying for the Degree if he passes the Diploma, or continue working for a few years? Guess my concern is whether a recognized Degree or more years of working experiences will be more beneficial in his future application for PR.

Thank you for your patience in advance.

This question has an obvious answer don't you think ?
Go for the degree recognized by MOM on his tertiary then look for work . Only then think for PR
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!