Singapore Expats Forum

American 24 F living in Singapore

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
snehko

American 24 F living in Singapore

Postby snehko » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 10:33 am

Hi, my name is Sneha and I am about a month old in Singapore, living near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, here with my boyfriend who is working.

Would like to make friends and meet people.

We could play badminton at the court in my apt complex. Go hiking in the Nature Reserve. Travel around see the sights in Singapore. Get a drink. Or do whatever your interests are.

Thanks!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: American 24 F living in Singapore

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:14 am

snehko wrote:Hi, my name is Sneha and I am about a month old in Singapore, living near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, here with my boyfriend who is working.

We could play badminton at the court in my apt complex. Go hiking in the Nature Reserve. Travel around see the sights in Singapore. Get a drink. Or do whatever your interests are.

Thanks!

Just curious .. are you an American or Indian ?? :D :D

snehko

Postby snehko » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:21 am

Born and raised in California, with an Indian ethnicity.

sizzlershi

Re: American 24 F living in Singapore

Postby sizzlershi » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:32 am

snehko wrote:Hi, my name is Sneha and I am about a month old in Singapore, living near Bukit Timah Nature Reserve, here with my boyfriend who is working.

Thanks!

Hi Sneha, Am Sanjai from India working here... Got 3 weekdays free every week... Nice to meet you.. And I love Badminton too... Interest to be my friend ? my email id sizzlershi@gmail.com... Reply / email me
Last edited by sizzlershi on Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:42 am

well, that didn't take long.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:46 am

nakatago wrote:well, that didn't take long.

Our new best friend didn't read the caveat in the first intro :D :D

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 04 Jul 2011 12:12 pm

ecureilx wrote:
nakatago wrote:well, that didn't take long.

Our new best friend didn't read the caveat in the first intro :D :D

Yeah, I know! :P :P :P :mrgreen:

Mayur

Postby Mayur » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 6:13 am

Hey Sneha, my name's Mayur.. I'm moving to Singapore from England next week for work (ftopic80257.html) - I'd be more than happy to meet up for a game of Badminton and a few drinks so feel free to drop me a line mayur18@gmail.com and it'd be great to put my rusty Badminton skills to some use!

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Jus wonderin...

Postby shameenali » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 8:12 am

Do these gurls even actually exist r are they jus trolls...LOL :roll:

nakatago

Re: Jus wonderin...

Postby nakatago » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 8:51 am

shameenali wrote:Do these gurls even actually exist r are they jus trolls...LOL :roll:

they do, actually. when some of them realize their post is like chumming for sharks, they don't come back (or edit their post to obscure the fact they're single). some, even with their first post, say right away that they just want lady friends or they're not looking for a relationship. some say, they're with their husband or boyfriend. but some people--who either have poor reading comprehension or just plain full of themselves--don't get that op just isn't looking for a relationship and come on to the op anyway.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 8:55 am

shameenali wrote:Do these gurls even actually exist r are they jus trolls...LOL :roll:

I'm wonderin' why you are even reading these types of threads, considering you are supposed to be marrying a Singaporean girl aren't you? Does she know you are trolling the single girl threads? :o [-X

If she finds out...... :-({|=

Oh, but you've gotten your EP now, right? That means you don't need her anymore to get into Singapore. :-|

shameenali
Regular
Regular

Postby shameenali » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 9:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:

I'm wonderin' why you are even reading these types of threads, considering you are supposed to be marrying a Singaporean girl aren't you? Does she know you are trolling the single girl threads? :o [-X

If she finds out...... :-({|=

Oh, but you've gotten your EP now, right? That means you don't need her anymore to get into Singapore. :-|

@SMS: Yeah am happily married now to a singaporean gurl & shes great! settling down to life here in SG. Should say tht its more hectic than life back in Qatar. Couldnt help commenting on this thread wen i saw the replies posted earlier lol.

snehko

Postby snehko » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:26 am

Hi Fellas,
ecureilx, nakatago, shameenali, sundaymorningstaple

Thanks for your comments, and since you all seem to be omniscient, what could you recommend that would get people wanting to hang out to respond instead of just leave comments like yourselves?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:33 am

snehko wrote:Hi Fellas,

Thanks for your comments, and since you all seem to be omniscient, what could you recommend that would get people wanting to hang out to respond instead of just leave comments like yourselves?

I am innocent my lady, I swear .. I didn't stir the witch's brew .. pardon me .. :D :D

PS: 24 and living with your BF ? I ain't gonna be the one to explain the facts of life .. though ..

maybe you should start off by visiting some haunts of like people .. or so .. Maybe i am wrong ? Then again, where would you fit in ? Indian or American ? Indian Association or American Club ?? That's a tough one I guess :( :(

Of course, you are always welcome in this forum .. but, tread carefully is what I would say .. of course, no ill-intent meant ..

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 05 Jul 2011 11:34 am

snehko wrote:Hi Fellas,

wow, snark...

propose a specific activity with a specific date. get a list of people who said they'll go going. Example: http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/sutra509262.html&highlight=#509262