Got a job offer from a MNC

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 6:33 pm

Interresting,why do people delete my topic?

i suppose this disturbs someone here but,its what i received from the MNC

basic salary 22.5KS$/monthly
bonuses+benefits+accommodation up to 5KS$

User avatar
taxico
Director
Director
Posts: 3232
Joined: Sat, 10 May 2008 6:05 pm
Location: Existential dilemma!

Post by taxico » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 6:39 pm

um...

congrats?
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

User avatar
Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 538
Joined: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 4:40 am
Location: Hong Kong (bye bye SG!)

Post by Asdracles » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 6:46 pm

If that's true, congrats to you and my sympathies to the MNC

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 6:48 pm

thanks taxico :)
taxico wrote:um...

congrats?

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 6:50 pm

its all true,thank you Asdracles
Asdracles wrote:If that's true, congrats to you and my sympathies to the MNC

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11650
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 7:36 pm

oezcan kaplan wrote:Interresting,why do people delete my topic?

i suppose this disturbs someone here but,its what i received from the MNC

basic salary 22.5KS$/monthly
bonuses+benefits+accommodation up to 5KS$
Have you taken the offer? When will you start?

For most MNC's (excluding banks), this salary range places you about 5 rungs down from the board of directors, just below a VP level. Is that what you got?

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 7:45 pm

nearly 2 months we have been negotiating to the MNC.

and yesterday they sent me their official job offer.

There is a contract and first i would to read some clauses carefully prior sending them my final response.

the position is senior level management (associate director of business development)
Strong Eagle wrote:
oezcan kaplan wrote:Interresting,why do people delete my topic?

i suppose this disturbs someone here but,its what i received from the MNC

basic salary 22.5KS$/monthly
bonuses+benefits+accommodation up to 5KS$
Have you taken the offer? When will you start?

For most MNC's (excluding banks), this salary range places you about 5 rungs down from the board of directors, just below a VP level. Is that what you got?

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 7:59 pm

Congratulations Borat. Now you can afford to take English classes......

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 39577
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 10
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 8:40 pm

oezcan kaplan wrote: There is a contract and first i would to read some clauses carefully prior sending them my final response.
Sounds like you've already got your exit speech prepared once found out.... :-k

Good luck. I didn't realize they had a Turkish bank here. Other banks need people who can speak a respectable level of English. One would have to wonder though, any company who is laying out 22+K/mo is only going to lay out 5K for other stuff which includes housing? Pipedreams?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 9:29 pm

yes i got :)

and on the contract are some major clauses which i need to underline!

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
oezcan kaplan wrote: There is a contract and first i would to read some clauses carefully prior sending them my final response.
Sounds like you've already got your exit speech prepared once found out.... :-k

Good luck. I didn't realize they had a Turkish bank here. Other banks need people who can speak a respectable level of English. One would have to wonder though, any company who is laying out 22+K/mo is only going to lay out 5K for other stuff which includes housing? Pipedreams?

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Post by oezcan kaplan » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 9:31 pm

do not worry :)
BillyB wrote:Congratulations Borat. Now you can afford to take English classes......

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16516
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by JR8 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 12:20 am

oezcan kaplan wrote:yes i got :)

and on the contract are some major clauses which i need to underline!
Ozzie your mother called.

She said stop fantasising on the internet, and it's time to milk the goats.

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Re: Got a job offer from a MNC

Post by oezcan kaplan » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 1:04 am

:) just little time,i said that we will meet each in SG
JR8 wrote:
oezcan kaplan wrote:yes i got :)

and on the contract are some major clauses which i need to underline!
Ozzie your mother called.

She said stop fantasising on the internet, and it's time to milk the goats.

putnam
Member
Member
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 10:21 pm

Post by putnam » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 1:27 am

I think you had not better write anything personal like your salary here. Singapore is a tiny nation. Someone you know of might be reading your post. Of course you might not be Turkish or Russian. In that case nobody will recognize you.

oezcan kaplan
Regular
Regular
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri, 27 May 2011 1:55 am

Post by oezcan kaplan » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 1:34 am

:?
:)
putnam wrote:I think you had not better write anything personal like your salary here. Singapore is a tiny nation. Someone you know of might be reading your post. Of course you might not be Turkish or Russian. In that case nobody will recognize you.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests