Singapore Expats Forum

APplying for Dependent PR

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
The Club Residences

Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 30 Jun 2011

APplying for Dependent PR

Postby ajithkumar » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:07 pm

Hi iam a PR and iam planning to apply for Dependent PR for my wife,What is the formality we need to follow for that.DO we have any seperate form to fill for the dependent PR .Because in the application form the first few pages meant is for the person who apply for the PR and then comes for the spouse dependent PR etc.So iam bit confused. please guide me

Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 12:41 pm

Call ICA, they are usually very helpful in explaining the formalities!

And do read some on this forum, so you know about the current problems in getting PR for anybody from the sub-continent. Also search for marriage of convenience and what documents you need to convince ICA that yours isn't one.

User avatar
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore

Postby ksl » Sat, 02 Jul 2011 5:09 pm

If you received PR while your wife, was living abroad, you need to apply for LTVSP, you cannot get dependant pass.

All people working on EP that are awarded PR, with spouse living in Singapore are on DP, revert to LTVSP when the spouse fails to get PR.
It takes 30 days if wife is in Singapore. Contact ICA for LTVSP for wife or do it online!

  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests