Singapore Expats

EP after getting LTSVP or Entry Visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
hongkong

EP after getting LTSVP or Entry Visa

Post by hongkong » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:30 pm

I am coming on Student pass and my spouse and child on entry visa which will be converted to LTSVP later.

My query is whether my wife should apply for EP through her employer after getting the LTSVP or immediately after arriving to Singapore on an Entry visa.

Will LTSVP improve chances of getting EP or will applying for EP on entry visa decrease her chances in MOM ?

Or is it all unknown and is decided on a case to case basis and no one knows and there is no such trend.

Thanks

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: EP after getting LTSVP or Entry Visa

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:46 pm

hongkong wrote:I am coming on Student pass and my spouse and child on entry visa which will be converted to LTSVP later.

My query is whether my wife should apply for EP through her employer after getting the LTSVP or immediately after arriving to Singapore on an Entry visa.

Will LTSVP improve chances of getting EP or will applying for EP on entry visa decrease her chances in MOM ?

Or is it all unknown and is decided on a case to case basis and no one knows and there is no such trend.

Thanks

EP is purely based on the qualifications of the employee, experience and also the need for the Employer to hire the employee rather than hiring a person with local experience.

So, EP is not linked with having an LTSVP and so on..

Good Luck !