Singapore Expats Forum

NSMen to be issued iPads...

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nakatago

NSMen to be issued iPads...

Postby nakatago » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 12:46 am

...people quarrel over their politics and their support or hatred of Singapore but the consensus is it's a waste of money.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/27/singapore-military-to-issue-guns-and-uniforms-ipads-to-incoming/

Somebody pointed out why not just ask Creative, a Singaporean consumer electronics company that produces tablets (among other things), to create one to spec.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: NSMen to be issued iPads...

Postby taxico » Tue, 28 Jun 2011 8:13 pm

nakatago wrote:...why not just ask Creative, a Singaporean consumer electronics company that produces tablets (among other things), to create one to spec.

that would go against the PAP do-not-KISS rule of thumb.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Wed, 29 Jun 2011 1:50 pm

They'd be better off issuing maxipads than ipads as most them are a bunch of tarts
I HAVE MASTERS!

mr-miyagee

Postby mr-miyagee » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 5:00 pm

i guess the rational for ipads and laptops in army is they wanna embrace the social media fever now. who knows, soldiers next time might use twitter during missions where they can report sitrep, location and all. commanders can tweet their instructions back to soldiers.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 5:40 pm

Actually, that's part of the purpose of them being issued. They already have the software operational from what I gather.

incognito6174

Postby incognito6174 » Thu, 07 Jul 2011 3:39 am

mr-miyagee wrote:i guess the rational for ipads and laptops in army is they wanna embrace the social media fever now. who knows, soldiers next time might use twitter during missions where they can report sitrep, location and all. commanders can tweet their instructions back to soldiers.

Gahmen's got a whole bunch of cash to give Apple, eh!

luminoso
Regular
Regular

Postby luminoso » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 3:59 pm

mr-miyagee wrote:i guess the rational for ipads and laptops in army is they wanna embrace the social media fever now. who knows, soldiers next time might use twitter during missions where they can report sitrep, location and all. commanders can tweet their instructions back to soldiers.

LMFAO

That's ridiculous