Singapore Expats Forum

Seeking Advice on PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
shaahs84

Seeking Advice on PR Application

Postby shaahs84 » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:29 am

Hi Everyone,

Need a little advice on the way things are rolling.

My profile Male :-

1. Pakistani (Australian PR) - ( moved to SG in Jan 2011 ) holding Work Permit
2. Education : MBA - (Australia)
3. Working as IT Manager (4 years experience)
4. Age - 26 years old
4. Married to a Singaporean

I submitted my PR Application in January 2011. No news from ICA yet. What do you guys think. Will i get rejected like others and then have to reapply or do i stand a better chance.

Will really appreciate a reply from:
sundaymorningstaple
Mad Scientist
and
revhappy

Thanks alot in Advance...
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:55 am

How long did you have your Aussie PR for before you jumped ship?

Assuming you've applied under the technical persons scheme and not through your wife then let's be honest here - you've got 2 chances, slim and none. One of the requirements for applying for PR is to show your last 3 years tax returns, so how will you be able to do that if you've been here 6 months?
I HAVE MASTERS!

sanky_001

Postby sanky_001 » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 10:57 am

Hi shaahs84,

You may wanna gothough the following thread from this link which was posted reccently:

ftopic75326.html

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Seeking Advice on PR Application

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:35 am

shaahs84 wrote:Hi Everyone,

Need a little advice on the way things are rolling.

My profile Male :-

1. Pakistani (Australian PR) - ( moved to SG in Jan 2011 ) holding Work Permit
2. Education : MBA - (Australia)
3. Working as IT Manager (4 years experience)
4. Age - 26 years old
4. Married to a Singaporean

I submitted my PR Application in January 2011. No news from ICA yet. What do you guys think. Will i get rejected like others and then have to reapply or do i stand a better chance.

Will really appreciate a reply from:
sundaymorningstaple
Mad Scientist
and
revhappy

Thanks alot in Advance...

What kind of Work Permit ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 12:26 pm

Whatever type of EP Pass he has been on, less than 6 Months in SG for PR application is considered very short duration in SG? If you read through the forum I guess 2 years in SG would be considered minimum unless for extremely special cases?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 3:55 pm

True and not true because if he is S pass or worse Work Permit Pass he needs to get permission to get married to a local or PR. If he does not done that, he is looking at Changi with his arse running away.
Worse of all his an Ozzie PR which I believe under skill migrant will require him to stay in Oz on a certain number of days in a yearlike the REP in SG. He will be struggling to manage both .
On top of that he is from Pakistan.
I cannot fathom the hurdles he will be going through after this
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 4:12 pm

I am just guessing that he accidentally referred to his Employment Pass as his Work Permit. Should be an EP Holder. just my guess

shaahs84

Thanks for all the replies

Postby shaahs84 » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 5:35 pm

Just to clear a few things here.

Work Permit = EP

I have been an Australian PR for 4 years now. Could apply citizenship there according to law but then got married to a Singaporean and she wanted me to settle down in SG. I married her when i was on Visit Pass and then later started my own business. I applied for the Entre Pass but could not get that approved so Ended up getting an EP for myself.

And Mad Scientist what did you mean by "If he does not done that, he is looking at Changi with his arse running away. "

Thanks for all the help.
Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Thanks for all the replies

Postby the lynx » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 5:59 pm

shaahs84 wrote:Just to clear a few things here.

Work Permit = EP

I have been an Australian PR for 4 years now. Could apply citizenship there according to law but then got married to a Singaporean and she wanted me to settle down in SG. I married her when i was on Visit Pass and then later started my own business. I applied for the Entre Pass but could not get that approved so Ended up getting an EP for myself.

And Mad Scientist what did you mean by "If he does not done that, he is looking at Changi with his arse running away. "

Thanks for all the help.

First things first. Work pass is divided into Work Permit, S Pass and Employment Pass, each one different on its own. Hence, Work Permit is very very different from Employment Pass.

A Work Permit holder is not allowed to marry a SPR or SC under MOM law. Hence when you mentioned you're holding Work Permit, we all'd have thought you just broke one big rule. Hence, MS's line of 'looking at Changi with his arse running away'

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 5:59 pm

MS was highlighting that when a work permit holder marries a singaporean, permission has to be sought from MOM before the wedding. If not the WP holder can be deported from Singapore.

Work Permit and EP are different in Singapore. The case that i mentioned above applies to a Work Permit Holder and not an EP holder.

shaahs84

Thanks again

Postby shaahs84 » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 6:23 pm

Thanks for elaborating.

Based on the above mentioned what you all think in general would be the outcome of the application?

It has been 5 months now since i applied and as per the ICA website the result should be coming out within 6 months or more.

What should i be expecting?

Packing up my bags and move to AUS with my spouse or give up my PR in AUS and settle here for good.

Thanks alot again for all the comments.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Thanks again

Postby JayCee » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 6:35 pm

shaahs84 wrote:Thanks for elaborating.

Based on the above mentioned what you all think in general would be the outcome of the application?

It has been 5 months now since i applied and as per the ICA website the result should be coming out within 6 months or more.

What should i be expecting?

Packing up my bags and move to AUS with my spouse or give up my PR in AUS and settle here for good.

Thanks alot again for all the comments.

Look, you're not going to get PR here after 6 months plain and simple, why did you even try? Did you read any of the guidelines first?

Stay here working on your EP and in a couple of years apply again, preferably along with any kids you have in the future (male would be better)
I HAVE MASTERS!

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 7:06 pm

Again it all depends on what pass you are on? P1 would definitely stands a better chance

How long you have been here ?

You are from Pakistan and that one sticks like a sore thumb. SG has this racial generalization of people that comes from Level 1 assessment countries. If you thought Oz is racist, SG is worse as blatant use of its power to discriminate all race and gender by using their invisible hands

I would be incline to apply for your OZ citizenship as Pakis and Ozzie allows dual citizenship. On top of that you would be applying PR in SG under Oz citizenship that would look better on your resume.
You can sponsor your wifey OZ PR under family ties too.

BUT this can only happen if you stay in OZ for the first 6 weeks of your REP to OZ and the last 6 weeks of your REP due date in OZ. (The rule change again so I maybe wrong here but the guideline is there)

If you fail to meet this Forget about it. Work here under your EP then do the Ozzie thing first.
Oh BTW I am an Ozzie so I know what I am talking about.

shaahs84

Thanks

Postby shaahs84 » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for the advice. As i am here and have already applied for the PR i think the better option is that i should wait for the result. If i dont get it the first time i wont appeal or apply again. Then i think the Aus option will work better. As i dont want my children to have an uncertain future and be at ICA's mercy. Aus is a much better option otherwise.

For Mad Scientist "I found AUS very friendly mate. Never encountered racism in my 8 years of stay there."

Thanks again. Will still like to get bro SOS take on this.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Thanks

Postby taxico » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 8:44 pm

shaahs84 wrote:"I found AUS very friendly mate. Never encountered racism in my 8 years of stay there."

that's exceptional and you're very lucky. good luck with your SPR application.

do you currently have children? any boys?

there's no harm in NOT obtaining singapore PR for the meantime given your situation i think, and MS's suggestion is worth heeding.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam