Singapore Expats Forum

legally job search w/ tourist visa while EPEC pending?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jalepinho

legally job search w/ tourist visa while EPEC pending?

Postby jalepinho » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 2:01 pm

Hi all,

A noo yawker here. i'm new to this forum and would like to seek your advice on my situation. I will be flying to Singapore in 3 days to look for a job in this beautiful country. The problem is that my EPEC application is still pending (i just uploaded my docs last night). i assume my only choice now will be to enter SG with a normal tourist visa (assuming the EPEC will not be approved within these 3 days). That being said, am i allowed to apply for a job with this tourist visa? Also, would any problems arise when entering SG with a normal tourist visa while an EPEC is pending?

thanks in advance and your help is much appreciated.

Hal

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 2:23 pm

No real problem at all, bring it on. ;-)

...but wear your thick-skin suit! :?

jalepinho

Postby jalepinho » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 2:28 pm

another question, if i enter with a tourist visa, do i have to show them a plane ticket leaving SG within 30 days? and oh btw, i am holding a US passport if that even makes a diff. damnit i wish i wasn't such a last minute person. i should of got this all sorted out ages ago.... so pissed at myself right now....

Again, thanks in advance for your comments.

Hal

jalepinho

Postby jalepinho » Sun, 26 Jun 2011 2:39 pm

sundaymorningstaple, thanks for the quick reply dude.

i've been told that i won't last very long in singapore with my new york personality. Some have told me to keep my mouth shut at all times.... i'm going to prove them wrong!

Hal

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Mon, 27 Jun 2011 1:23 pm

jalepinho wrote:sundaymorningstaple, thanks for the quick reply dude.

i've been told that i won't last very long in singapore with my new york personality. Some have told me to keep my mouth shut at all times.... i'm going to prove them wrong!

Hal

mmm, with an attitude like that I'd save the airfare and stay in New York. You're not going to fit in well here. We've all had to learn to bite our tounges.

(PS on a US visa you get 90 days)